Danny Takoushian ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Danny Takoushian ‘14
Major: Environmental Studies and Economics
Hometown: Westchester, PA

Q: What made you come to Pittsburgh?
A: It was the perfect balance of urban and campus environment.  I like that they have good sports teams as well.

Q: How’d you decide on your major?
A: I was in Wyoming for six weeks over the summer taking a field course in paleontology, geology, and ecology, so that had influence on environmental studies.

Q: What do you look for in a girl?
A: I like someone I can talk to, and she’s needs to be interesting.  I’d like to be able to have a serious conversation with her. And it’s always beneficial if she’s attractive.  Also, she’s got to like to have fun and go on adventures, be active, and party.

Q: How would you describe your ideal first date?
A: Going to dinner somewhere would be nice, and then watch a movie afterwards either at the movies or back home.  Or, we could go to the top of the Cathedral and look at the stars.

Q: If you could date any celebrity, who would it be and why?
A: Either Rachel McAdamsor Emma Watson.  Rachel McAdams is just the most perfect woman there is in every sense. And Emma Watson is so relatable because she’s my own age and she’s so fly.  But Rachel McAdams has always been my dream girl.

Q: What turns you off about a girl?
A: A girl that’s boring or doesn’t talk a lot.  Or, if she just talks about herself all the time.  She can sometimes, just not all the time.  Also, if the girl has too much drama going in their life.

Q: What do you plan on doing after college?
A: I don’t know, but hopefully, if a job presents itself, that’d be nice.  But I’d also like to travel if I’m able to.

Q: What do you do for fun?
A: I like to play basketball at Trees, go outside and play sports, play video games, and just hanging out with my friends.
Q: What’s your favorite movie?
A: Forgetting Sarah Marshall.

Q: What’s your favorite TV show?
A: Arrested Development

Q: Pick one of your favorite Pitt memories and tell us about it. 
A: So many good times it’s hard to pick, but probably just meeting all 

Claire is a senior at the University of Pittsburgh, double majoring in Nonfiction English Writing and Communication Rhetoric. She is one of two Campus Correspondents for HC Pitt and has held internships at Redbook Magazine and Verve Social Magazine. Claire is from Berkeley Heights, New Jersey, not too far from New York City. Her interests include fashion, writing, traveling (she spent a semester abroad in Australia!), and spending time with friends and family. Claire aspires to obtain a career working for a fashion magazine in New York City after she graduates.
Derilyn Devlin graduates from Pitt in April 2012. She is excited to leave the University of Pittburgh Her Campus to Mandy Velez and Claire Peltier as the new campus correspondents.