Clothes to Pack for Thanksgiving Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Thanksgiving is a comforting time for many college students to relax and catch up with family and friends. Your loved ones haven’t seen you in months, so it’s normal to care about what you wear. Most of us have to stuff our small duffle bag with only a couple items to take home, so each piece is extremely important!

The holidays involve a lot of lounging and relaxing, so your clothes should reflect this. Pack cozy sweaters and leggings that you can throw on when catching up with friends.  Also, this week is perfect for all shades of orange (my favorite is, of course, the pumpkin shade)!  Packing oranges, yellows, browns, reds, and dark purples will make you feel festive.

If your thanksgiving dinner is with multiple grandparents and other family members, you should look presentable and modest.  Try a burgundy skirt or a blazer with khakis.

If Thanksgiving Day is a formal occasion for you, go for a dress! Sweater dresses can be a sophisticated option that’s very comfortable. Match the dress with tights and boots, and you’re set! If you only want to bring one pair of shoes home, bring a pair of low-heeled fall boots that will go with everything. To make things easier for those of you that are indecisive, wear one color pair of boots home (like black) and pack another color boot (like brown). This way, you’ll have more options!

Most importantly, pack a Christmas Sweater! It will finally be acceptable to wear starting Black Friday.

Image credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt