The opinions expressed in this article are the writer’s own and do not reflect the views of Her Campus.
Your birthday is a special day no matter how old you are. Just because you’re in college doesn’t mean your birthday celebrations have to stop. Here are four different ways to celebrate your birthday in the 412!
- Dinner and drinks
If you’re looking for a place to hangout with friends while eating some good food and have great drinks then I suggest going to:
- Bakersfield: Located right on Penn Avenue in Pittsburgh, Bakersfield is my go-to place for the best tacos and pitchers of margaritas. It is in the perfect location surrounded by other bars and restaurants so when you’re finished with your b-day tequila shots, you can hop to the next bar and explore more of the hidden gems in the city.
- Narcisi Winery: Narcisi Winery is a great place to enjoy a classier celebration. If your birthday is in the spring or summer, the winery has the cutest outdoor seating and typically always has a live band. You can even schedule a private tasting tour!
- Coop De Ville: Coop De Ville is like an upgraded hipster arcade with bumping music and tasty drinks. Located right in the Strip District, Coop De Ville is a unique place compared to any other bar in Pittsburgh. They have one huge bar with a few smaller surrounding ones, comfy couches and tables to hang out on and a room full of bowling lanes, arcade games and so much more. It’s even the perfect place for a photo op.
- live music
If your vibe is jamming out to bands and live music, I got you.
- Howl At The Moon: I only just recently discovered this gem of a place and I absolutely love it. There is a live band that plays all the latest hits and the old goodies every Thursday though Saturday. You are able to reserve a table or book a whole birthday party at Howl at The Moon. As the night goes on, everyone ends up out of their seats and onto the dance floor. It really is a great time and a great place to go with friends.
- Jergles Rhythm Grille: Jergles is a bit of a drive from the city, but none the less its a great place to have a party. The upstairs has sections of seating with sofas and tables for your party to hang out at. While up there, you can get drinks at the bar and look down at the band and the huge dance floor. If you make your way to the bottom, you can dance away right in front of the band, while also accessing a bar on this lower level.
- Cavo Nightclub: Also located in the Strip District, Cavo Nightclub is an unforgettable experience. Depending on when you go, they might be having different kinds of events. From different performances, bands and artists, Cavo is always the place to be. If you decide to celebrate your birthday at Cavo you’ll definitely want to reserve a table. Also, expect to come home with no voice, a sore body and the best memories!
If you’re looking for something fun to do that isn’t just the club or South Side bars, then you’re in the right spot.
- Painting With A Twist: Painting With A Twist is a great place to go with some friends and you even get to bring home a new painting for your apartment or room. They also allow you to bring your own drinks and snacks, what’s better than that? The one I have gone to is right in South Side so it’s pretty easy to get to from the city! On their website, you can book a canvas and can also see what is being painted on each day of the week.
- Fitness With A Twist: Fitness With A Twist is Pittsburgh’s number 1 fitness and pole dancing studio and is pretty entertaining with some friends! Similar to Painting With A Twist, Fitness With A Twist also allows you to bring your own drinks. You can plan a party through their website and have your own little private event. This is a great place to get some laughs and bond with friends.
- Crusin’ Tiki: If you have a summer b-day, then Crusin’ Tiki is definitely something you’ll want to try out. Crusin’ Tiki is Pittsburgh’s very own floating tiki bar. Cruise across the Allegheny river with a perfect view of the city while you jam out to all your favorite songs and have a cooler packed with all the best drinks. After you’re done, you can hop around to the different bars and restaurants located on the North Shore; like Tequila Cowboy and Mcfaddens.
- Top Golf: If you’re anything like me, you are terrible at golf and hate it. Luckily, Top Golf actually makes golf enjoyable! Top Golf is a great place if you are looking for more of a chill time and want to have delicious drinks and food. It is the perfect place for birthdays during any season.
- honorable mentions
- Party Bus: I have always wanted to get a party bus, but unfortunately never have. Party Buses are a fun way to get your birthday celebration started and can be pretty great photo ops.
- South Side Bar Crawl: If you are turning 21, then undoubtedly you’re probably going to want to go to South Side. This is the spot in Pittsburgh where all college students and 20 somethings go to spend their weekends. From night clubs and dance floors to pizza at 2am, you’ll always be sure to find some fun here.