Alex Harrison ’14: Our First British Campus Cutie & Yes, He plays Soccer aka “Football”

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Name: Alex Harrison ‘14
Year: Sophomore
 Hometown: Isle of Man, United Kingdom
 Major: Sociology
 Current Relationship Status: In a Relationship

HC: How would you describe yourself in five words?
Alex: Confident, polite, stylish, sociable, and assertive

HC: Favorite TV show and movie?
Alex: TV show= The Office (English version. American version is crap) 
Movie= Blow

HC: Favorite thing about Pitt?
Alex: Got to be Club Hillman

HC: What is the biggest difference between girls in the US and in the UK?
Alex: There are a lot of differences! One of the biggest would be English girls present themselves the best they possibly can at all times, in terms of clothes and how they look. If it’s walking to the shop or going to the bars they are always looking their best. Whereas I see a lot of American girls wearing sweat pants and hoodies, which I’m perfectly okay with but when I first moved to the states I found it quite weird.

HC: What do you miss most about home?
Alex: I miss the food and the banter with the lads! And obviously my family and my 2 dogs. I miss a lot.

HC: What are 3 things you look for in a girl?
Alex: Obviously looks and personality, but the biggest turn on for me is a girl that makes me laugh! It is the number one thing I look for. My fourth would be dark hair!

HC: What are 3 major turn offs in a girl?
Alex: Smoking has to be one, sloppiness when socializing, and a slow texter, I can’t stand a slow texter!

HC: What are your hobbies?
Alex: My hobbies are obviously soccer and watching it. I enjoy chatting and socializing, and I love traveling to different countries.

HC: What are you involved in at Pitt?
Alex: I’m on the Men’s Soccer team and I am a huge fan of all Pitt sports.

HC: What’s your favorite Pitt memory?
Alex: Scoring my first goal freshman year on my debut vs Robert Morris.

HC: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
Alex: I see myself working in soccer. Whether that’s playing pro or coaching. I would ideally see myself living in California.

Thanks so much Alex! I’m sure you gained some female Pitt Soccer followers now with this interview!

Derilyn Devlin graduates from Pitt in April 2012. She is excited to leave the University of Pittburgh Her Campus to Mandy Velez and Claire Peltier as the new campus correspondents.