Adventure On with Chevy Jones

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Every year the University of Pittsburgh’s College of Business Administration competes amongst 19 other prestigious universities nationwide for the chance to design and implement a marketing campaign for the Chevrolet ‘Adventure On’ competition.  This year they promoted for the Chevy Spark, Sonic, and Cruze models.  The in-class marketing agency at the University of Pittsburgh—ProsInMotion—was given the task to promote their Adventure On campaign around campus using a social media based technique geared to meet all of the demands of a Millennial.  The character introduced in order to differentiate their marketing ideas is the innovative brand character, Chevy Jones.

This unique introduction of Chevy Jones is a quintessence of the Generation Y persona, one who is shopping the car market and seeking specific demands.  Chevy Jones may be seen with a rope in his hand and boots on his feet, sporting an Indiana Jones identity.  ProsInMotion has worked hard to create a repertoire of social media outlets in order to promote Chevy’s Adventure On campaign.  Such strategies include YouTube videos that are spreading awareness of the Adventure On campaign across social media worldwide.  They have focused on making Chevy Jones an extension of the Chevy brand specifically suited towards a business model that satisfies student’s needs post college graduation. 

The University of Pittsburgh’s commitment to this competition has resulted in astounding successes in years prior (GO PITT!).  ProsInMotion is asking Pitt to help make this year another success.  They have been dancing their way around campus, ‘Adventuring On’ through Thanksgiving break, and promoting with their very own Chevy Jones around school to creatively market the Chevy Spark, Sonic, and Cruze.  Their focus is to help send our very own graduating scholars, as they cheer Hail To Pitt out the windows of their new, practical, and affordable Chevrolet vehicles, towards their bright futures.

Adventure On is dedicated to helping the young innovators of our generation to experience “hands-on” skills in marketing while developing industry education partnership programs.  The University of Pittsburgh has claimed victorious in this competition before. Now, let’s watch as we strive to claim elite victory for yet another year as ProsInMotion excel in their campaign on December 7th. 

Photo cred: http://www.pittarrives.com/upl…

Hey, I'm Chris Baker and I just began writing for HerCampus at Pitt. I love God, my family and friends, sports, and my amazing fraternity, Pi Kappa Phi. I love to talk, write, and engage with people, in particular, I like to argue, haha. I love Pitt so if you go here and don't already know me, you should find me and get to know me! Contact me anytime at cbb17@pitt.edu,Thanks for reading!