5 Ways to Prepare for Spring Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

If you’re already feeling the second semester blues, try to look on the bright side of future events coming up. I’m talking, of course, about SPRING BREAK! Whether you bought your plane tickets, still have yet to decide on a destination, or just going home, there are plenty of ways to get ready beforehand in order to enjoy a week of fun (or laziness, the two go hand in hand).

1 Exercise

It is usually the general consensus that spring break is meant as a time to take a break from the cold and travel to warm areas. If you’re planning on wearing a bikini and want to look good, start exercising! Don’t be a fool and go crazy by overworking yourself or not eating the healthy amount of calories. Start a biggest weight loss competition among your spring break buddies to make it interesting and use winning as a motivation. Remember exercising is mainly about feeling good, so even if you’re not doing anything fun for spring break, start exercising to sweat out the stress.

2. Save Up!

This seems the most logical, but you definitely will want the extra money for your trip. As hard as it may be, try to avoid spending money on the weekends, especially for takeout food. As we have all learned from our college years, eating out does add up (I mostly blame Red Oak). Saving up will be worth it if you want to buy something for yourself or if there is an emergency during your trip. However, don’t go completely cray-cray during break. Try not to completely spend all of your money on break and save some for the rent when you get back.

3.  Waxing

I believe every girl should try waxing just at least once in their lifetime. There is no time better to get a bikini/Brazilian or any other waxing preference than right before spring break.  If you need more convincing, not buying razors will save you money and not having to worry about shaving will be less of a hassle for you.  If you’re too nervous, simply grab your spring break buddy and make a fun day out of it, aka avoid schoolwork.

4. Finish Homework

With all the exams and papers due, it seems a little hectic to try to be able to finish homework before break. However, if you ever have the time a week before, finish as many lame assignments as you can. You don’t want to have that 20 page paper in the back of your mind during break. Let’s get real, you won’t even look at it until you’re back the day before it’s due and even then it’ll be a hassle to finish it.

5. Go Crazy!

Not “Girls Gone Wild” crazy, but be a bit more adventurous than you normally would. For example, if you have the opportunity to go zip-lining, why not go for it!? Finally take the plunge and sing karaoke with your friends. You’ll most likely never see the people from those places again, so who cares? To make it more interesting, have each of your spring break friends come up with one mission they want to accomplish during break.  However you’re spending your spring break, make sure to have fun, be safe, and be responsible (but mainly have fun)!

Photo Credits:

http://goflorida.about.com/od/…

http://io9.com/5928595/researc…

www.wallpaperasylum.com

Samantha Saenz is a senior at Pitt. She is a Communication Science and Disorders major with a theatre minor. Sam loves movies and great TV shows and will probably write about it at least 90% of the time. She is in Pitt Ballet Club and has enjoyed her time with the girls from HerCampus Pitt.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt