This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

We all have had mornings where there are only five minutes to get ready, and it feels like time is speeding up.  These mornings are stressful and you usually look like a mess.  Is there any way to look like you didn’t just roll out of bed? Yes!

1. Find pieces that match everything.

Get to know the clothing and accessories you own that are basic and match with everything.  These will come in handy to throw on last minute when you are running out the door.  For me, these pieces are my black kimono, jeans and simple necklaces.  If I am in a rush, I know these items will match whatever I have on.  I simply throw them on and go!

2. Decide on a theme.  

Some of us wake up and can’t decide what to wear and try on a million different outfits before deciding.  To avoid this, look at your closet and picture your look for that day.  Decide on an overall idea, and then put it on.  Maybe one day you feel like dressing down and wearing leggings with an oversized tee.  Figure out which shirt you want, match it with the leggings, and make sure you have shoes before you put anything on.  This will avoid indecisiveness and save time, as well.

3. Lay out your outfit the night before.

This process works for a lot of my friends.  Before you fall asleep, think about what you want to wear tomorrow and lay it out.  Although it may seem annoying, you will thank yourself in the morning!  You’ll wake up and not have to worry about what to wear.

4. Keep your closet organized and clean.

Putting together outfits will be so much easier if you know where everything is.  Organize your clothes in different sections or even by color.  You don’t want to sort through piles on piles of clothes when you’re in a rush.  By doing laundry more often, you’re less likely to be looking for something that’s dirty.

5. Don’t be so picky.

Sometimes we care way too much about what we wear!  Yes, it’s important to feel confident and put together, but getting dressed shouldn’t take more than 10 minutes.  If you find yourself obsessing, try to be less picky with your clothes. Sometimes, outfits are more fun when they are randomly thrown together.  Who wants to look like they are trying too hard, anyway?

Image credit: 1, 2

Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt