5 Reasons Why It Is Awesome to be Single on Valentine’s Day

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

Twenty years and I’m still going strong on the whole single for Valentine’s Day thing. Not sure if this is a good or bad thing, but regardless, I always make it a fun day. Here are five things you can do to make Valentine’s Day not “Singles Awareness Day,” but “I’m Single And Love It Day!”

1. Wait a day and get all the chocolate you want ON SALE! February 15th is actually my favorite holiday.
  2. Rom Coms are on every TV channel. It may be a guilty pleasure, but who doesn’t love cheering the good guy on to get the girl?
  3. Deals at restaurants! Make a single girls’ night out and take advantage of the half off apps or Valentine’s Day dinner! A girls’ night out is always fun and you can make it even more fun if you make scenarios for each couple in the restaurant (weird voices and gestures included!)
  4. Flower Sales! This is the time to splurge and send yourself flowers! It’s a fun way to brighten your day and make others wonder who your secret admirer is.
  5. Talk to the other single people. This is the time to scope out the guys or girls on campus who aren’t with a significant other (it’s like Facebook stalking in real life!) and chat it up with them! Make a joke about how awkward Valentine’s Day is for single ladies!

Whether you have a loved one or you are a single pringle who is ready to mingle, enjoy Valentine’s Day and remember love is shown throughout the year, not just on one day!

Image Source: http://s3.hubimg.com/u/2565082…

I have been a proud Her Campus writer since my freshman year at Pitt and I am now the Social Media Editor for the chapter. So excited to see where the chapter will go but sadly I am a senior graduating in 2015 with a Communication and Art History major and Film Studies minor.
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt