This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

First dates can be stressful. There’s so much you have to think about: what to wear, what to talk about and most importantly, what to do. When in doubt, the best move is to keep it casual. So, here are our suggestions for four low-key first dates to relieve some of the pressure.

tour a museum

A museum is a great first date spot for getting to know someone. Depending on how you look at it, an art gallery or history exhibit is a whole room full of conversation starters! Plus, for Pitt and CMU students, entry to the Carnegie museums is free with a valid student ID.

see a movie

Tried and true, going to the movies is a classic, low-pressure first date. While the movie takes away the need to keep the conversation going the whole time, it can also let you peer into your date’s sense of humor and see what makes them tick.

Take a walk

A walk is the ideal option for a conversation-heavy first date. It’s a great opportunity to put aside distractions and really get to know someone. The other advantage of a walk is that it can be as long or short as you want. If things are going well, maybe stop by a nearby cafe for some coffee. If not, maybe you accidentally turn down your own street earlier than planned. Plus, bonus points for being free!

play bar trivia

For a lot of college students, bar trivia is already a part of their routine… why not bring your date to an environment where you’re both already comfortable? Plus, trivia is a great way to test out how you collaborate together, and it can give you some insight into how compatible you are. Getting caught up in the game will take away the pressure of trying to make a good impression and allow you to relax.

Of course, the most important thing to do on a first date is be yourself. Hopefully, these casual environments will help you stop focusing on the pressure and instead, make a meaningful connection!

Elizabeth is a senior at Pitt majoring in English Writing and French. When she's not writing for hc, Elizabeth likes cooking, spending time with friends, and exploring Pittsburgh's cultural side.