10 Movies to Watch with Your Significant Other

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pitt chapter.

With the school year coming to an end, it’s important to get as many dates in with your significant other before parting ways for the summer. And if you’re spending the summer together, then here’s just another excuse to cuddle up and watch a movie.

1. Friends with Benefits/No Strings Attached

We’ll pair these two together because they’re basically the same movie plot. Nowadays, most relationships follow the same development arc as the relationships highlighted in these movies. So why not watch your own love story on film? Also the four leads (Mila Kunis & Justin Timberlake and Ashton Kutcher & Natalie Portman) aren’t too bad to look at. 

2. SuperBad

The hysterical duo of Michael Cera and Jonah Hill will have you laughing the whole time. The movie was released eight years ago, making it fun to look back at Hill and Cera at the start of their careers. There’s no doubt the film will put you in the mood for some ~McLovin’~.

3. Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

“Bueller…Bueller…” Chances are you both will have “Twist and Shout” in your heads for the next week. No one but Ferris could look quite that cool skipping school. But please don’t decide to borrow your dad’s car for the day and crash a parade after watching this movie!

4. The whole Harry Potter series in one sitting 

You can spend loads of time together if you sit down and watch the entire Harry Potter series in one sitting. Watching every film back-to-back will take you about 17 and ½ hours… so get watching!

5. Fight Club 

This is one of those movies that when you tell people you haven’t seen it, they immediately respond with, “What?! How have you never seen Fight Club?” So you might as well watch it together and be amazed how little Jared Leto has aged.

6. Forgetting Sarah Marshall 

While watching, just pretend you both are in Hawaii with the cast! You’ll love Jason Segel and hate Russell Brand. It’s a goofy film, and you see quite a lot of Segel’s butt throughout. BUTT (pun intended) that shouldn’t stop you from watching this funny flick.  

7. I Love You, Man

It’s safe to say that everyone has a crush on Paul Rudd. In this movie, he and Jason Segel play on-screen adorable best friends. They become such besties that it starts to affect Rudd’s on-screen fiancé, played by Rashida Jones. With such a great cast, you’re sure to love this one.

8. Any Disney or Pixar movie

Doesn’t matter how old you are, there’s nothing that will make you happier than Disney and Pixar films. From Monsters, Inc. to Mulan and Toy Story to the Lion King, the happy endings and catchy songs will leave you both in the happiest of moods.

9. Along Came Polly

Ben Stiller and Jennifer Aniston are a great combo in this movie. Stiller plays a perfectionist insurance risk assessment expert who starts dating Aniston. She tries to bring some adventure and risk into his life, and comedy ensues.  Also, she has a pet ferret named Rodolfo, which is cool. Enough said.

10. 50 First Dates 

Who doesn’t love to see Adam Sandler and Drew Barrymore in a movie together? Every moment they spend together falling in love during “50 First Dates” has us falling even more in love with the two of them. 

Image credit: 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11

University of Pittsburgh senior
Thanks for reading our content! hcxo, HC at Pitt