Why Disney + Has the Worst Release Date

In case you didn’t know, Disney is coming for my paychecks with their very own streaming service called Disney +. The launch date for the service is Nov. 12 and nothing has ever made me more upset than that terrible release date.

https://variety.com/2019/digital/news/disney-plus-launch-canada-netherla...

Why? 

Well to answer that question you need to see the list of movies that will be on Disney +, most importantly the Halloween Movies. Disney + will soon be home to all the classic Disney Halloween movies; Hocus Pocus, Twitches, Twitches Too, Halloweentown, all the sequels, as well as my personal favorite modern Disney monster film; Girl vs. Monster. 

And we can’t watch any of them through the service during Spooktober. 

When I first saw the list of movies all I could think about was how I was going to be able to relive my childhood of Disney’s 31 Days of Halloween, in the comfort of my dorm room every night with a classic movie being streamed, but alas it was not to be. 

I had quickly gotten over my initial, nope-not-today-Disney, mentality when I first heard about Disney +. One because it’s a known fact that Disney owns me and my money, but also because it’s actually not that expensive. It’s less than Netflix! 

Photo by Bekir Dönmez on Unsplash

But I think being released less than two weeks after October was a terrible move, and I will stay mad about it till the end of days. But thankfully, I will have plenty of chances to watch some of my favorite Disney movies and tv shows once the streaming service is released. I may just never watch a non-Disney show again with Cadet Kelly, Lilo and Stitch, Phil of the Future, and so many other Disney productions at my fingertips. 

Plus, there’s never a wrong time to watch Twitches.