Campus Profile: Daniella Norena

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

Name: Daniella Norena

Year: Senior

Major: Psychology

Hometown: Anaheim, CA

What has been your favorite memory from Pepperdine? Definitely study abroad. Just learning how to survive in a foreign country and really learning who I am and experiencing different cultures.

What made you pick your major? So when I was actually in China my major was Business, but when I was working as an RA, I realized that my passion really wasn’t for business it was for people and so I switched my major to Psychology.

So you’ve been an RA for the past three years what has made you decide to stick with it all three years? Well, each year is different and for me, I just love the chaos and I love getting to know these people really deeply. My residents have been people that are just really inspired me to grow and have been such an important part of my life. Especially working with freshman, it was such a challenge but it was so rewarding. It was really humbling in a lot of ways and I just love the chaos of it all.

You work at Malibu Pres, what’s that like? ​I really enjoyed working at Malibu Pres this year because it has allowed me to get off campus more and hang out with kids which we don’t get to see it a lot on campus, and I think that’s really important in college.

Any advice to younger students? I highly recommend spiritual mentoring, spiritual mentoring has really changed my life. It just really keeps me accountable for I am and who I want to be, especially as I apply to grad schools. It’s crazy to think that I’m leaving here but it’s really exciting.

Paola Ramos

Pepperdine

I'm a Pepperdine University senior from Texas. I'm a Leo, a total dog lover, and an avid reader. Spanish is my first language, so I am bilingual and working on being trilingual (I just need to turn my conversational French into fluent French). I love to write; it's a way of life!