This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

Name: Ishita Khosla

Hometown: New Delhi, India

Relationship Status: Single 

Year: Senior

Age: 20

Major: Business Adminitration

Fraternity: Alpha Kappa Psi, Business Fraternity

Favorite food: sushi and dim sum

Favorite song: Earn it

Favorite movie: Devil Wears Prada

What is something about you that no one knows?

“Sometimes when I study a lot and I am really stressed, I will lock my door and dance [giggle]. I will dance and sing five hours until I am more relaxed.”

Who most inspires you?

“My dad is the person who most inspires me. He is my role model, the person who I wish to be like. I think about all the challenges I face and at times, I want to give up, but then I think of my dad and I continue through. My dad inspires me; I want to be half as capable as him. He is intelligent and ambitious. Whenever I think about what he has accomplished and all the challenges he faced, he still never gave up. This is something that motivates me to succeed. Don’t tell my dad I said this [giggle].”

If there is a movie or a character that is most like you, what would it be?

“As a teen, I loved the Amanda Bynes movie Shes’s the Man. There is one scene in the movie that actually happened to me. I used to play soccer with the boys, but one time a boy told me I cannot play and should be doing what the other girls were doing. I did not like what he told me, so I went and played soccer on the girls team and became their captain in order to prove that I was just as good and if not, better than the boys.”

What is your ideal type?

“First, he has to be smart. Second he has to have confidence. He has to have both; I do not like a guy without a backbone. He needs to be able to hold his own. Third, and most importantly, he has to be honest. I need him to be honest with me; I cannot have him lie about something to my face. Fourth, I like a guy who is lean and fit. He also needs to play soccer, or any other sport. I would like he him be able to play guitar as well or at least have the ability to play another instrument, if he does not play the guitar. I want him to have some knowledge of science and math. Oh and he CANNOT have a pink shirt.”

What do you look for in friends?

“When I have a friend, I want them to be honest as well. When a person becomes my best friend, it means a lot. If I do so much for them, I expect the same back. My friends mean a lot to me, I care about them so much.”

Why did you decide to come to Pepperdine?

“At first I didn’t want to come to Pepperdine. I heard about it from my cousin, who was a former student. However, I looked further into Pepperdine and realized they had a good Business Administration program. I also liked the student teacher ratio. I didn’t want to be in class of four hundred students.”

What is your favorite memory at Pepperdine?

“It would have to be the time I rushed Alpha Kappa Psi. During our pledge process, we worked so hard, and there were so many emotions. At our final interview, when all of us finished, we were asked to come into the room and watch the video that one of my pledge brothers created. The video captured our happy moments during those nine weeks. It was filled with laughter, happiness, and love. We each came together and finished to the very end.”

Hola, mi llamo Marissa Hernandez. Hey, I'm Marissa Hernandez, and I am a senior studying Psychology at Pepperdine University. I am involved and an active member of Alpha Kappa Psi, Business Fraternity and I am currently working on campus through the theater department. I am very passionate about art and working with children. I hope to one day open my own center that is primarily focused on children and teens, through the involvement of art, sports, cooking, and other fun activities. I personally believe that community and communication with their peers who have similar interest, is the most effective way of therapy. Besides my personal interest in the future, in my free time I love to socialize with my friends, paint, eat food, and cook. I have a habit of having dinner parties every weekend about 10-15 of our closest friends, in which I cook large feast of Mexican food or other types of foods. I have an addiction to Sawtelle, in which you might catch my in the wee hours of the night getting Tatsu or wintermelon boba. I am pretty easy to find on campus, since I never go a day without wearing a single flower or a lot of flowers in my hair.