5 Products to Protect Your Skin From the Cold

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pepperdine chapter.

1. Chapstick

An oldie, but a goodie. Making sure to put on some chapstick even just once a day in the morning can keep your lips moisturized and prevent that awfully uncomfortable cracking that happens. I also recommend putting it on at night so that your lips aren’t dying of thirst when morning comes.

Ex. Burt’s Bees

2. Overnight Face Masks

We’re busy ladies. We can’t take time out of our day to stay perfectly still for a facemask, and we need our sleep. The perfect solution is an overnight facemask. You get your z’s and your face gets some moisturizer.

Ex. e.l.f Moisturizing Sleeping Mask

3. Body Oil

Most body oils you can put on at any time. I prefer to do it after I shower while I’m still in the shower because I find my skin to be dry after I shower, and it gives the oils time to absorb before I put my clothes on. It can also help reduce the time you spend getting ready for the day or for bed.

Ex. Neutrogena Body Oil

4. Body Butter

While regular lotion is important to keep in supply, you should invest in some body butter for the winter months. The extra moisture you get from body butter is going to matter when its freezing outside and your skin just doesn’t seem to want to stay moisturized. Try looking for a body butter that has vitamin E in it.

Ex. Vitamin E Nourishing Body Butter

5. Coconut Oil

Coconut Oil is good for everything. In the dry winter months, it’s the key to staying moisturized. Some ways you can use coconut oil to keep your body moisturized is using are: as a hair mask, face primer, makeup remover, when your face is really dry and you can just lather it all over, with your lotion, and so much more. There are Pinterest boards after Pinterest boards about how useful coconut oil is. So make sure you have it in your arsenal to face winter. 

Ex. Viva Naturals Organic Extra Virgin Coconut Oil

SaveSave

SaveSave

Melissa Locke

Pepperdine '21

This is my senior year of college and I'm a Public Relations major with a Creative Writing outside concentration. I was born and raised in So-Cal and love it so much I couldn't go too far. As much as South California is my home, I adore traveling and learning about other cultures. A Disney fan to the core you can find me watching any of their movies, or breaking my bank account at Disneyland, and if not I'll probably be reading, writing, or enjoying the Malibu climate.