This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

It’s almost time for New York City to pull out the coats, fuzzy socks, and pumpkin spice. We’re all excited to snuggle up with our warm drinks, throw on our favorite throw blanket, light that pumpkin cinnamon candle, and most importantly, binge our fall comfort shows and movies. Here we decided to share some throwbacks we’ll be obsessing over this fall season.

Gilmore Girls

This is a show that seems to be on everyone’s radar as soon as temperatures start to drop. Gilmore Girls follows the story of Rory, Lorelai, and occasionally Emily, three generations of women from the affluent Gilmore family as they face hardships, past traumas, and worries about the future. The show mostly focuses on Rory, a booksmart girl beloved by everyone in Stars Hollow, and her strange dynamic with her mother Lorelie, a spunky and quirky mom who had Rory as a teenager. Typically, people would see these two as the sole reason for the show’s name, Gilmore Girls. However, Emily, the mother of Lorelai and grandmother of Rory, also plays an important role as we watch the constant build and fall of her strained relationship with Lorelai and sometimes Rory. If you’re an overzealous student, a coffee addict, a book lover, or someone whose relationship with their mother would be considered far from ordinary, this show might be one worth binging this fall. 

Gossip Girl

This one’s a classic for those New Yorkers at heart. If your attention is constantly attracted to the glitz and glam of high-class living in the city, this might be the show to add to your list. The Upper East Side has a secret, and lurking in the crowd is Gossip Girl, ready to expose it the moment she has a chance. Gossip Girl is definitely a crowd favorite and it’s not hard to see why. Dripping with scandals we can’t help but watch, Serena, Dan, Blair, Chuck, and Nate, go about living their lives with too much time, too much money, too much ambition, and way too much trouble to get into. Cheating, lying, betrayal, and more, Gossip Girl delivers what all of us fantasized our teenage years would be like as adolescents. Long before the days of Euphoria and its controversial depictions of teens getting into all sorts of trouble, we had Gossip Girl spoon-feeding us the raunchy, distasteful, yet appetizing plot as we all waited on the edge of our seats to see.

The Vampire Diaries

Teenager Elena Gilbert has just tragically lost her parents in a traumatic car accident. A year later, it’s her first day back at school and her plan is to get back to her normal life after the accident. But there’s a new boy in town — a hottie by the name of Stefan Salvatore shows up, getting all the girls’ attention, but his focus is on Elena. Sounds like the beginning of an epic love story, until another vampire shows up in town stirring up trouble. The Vampire Diaries is the perfect binge-worthy show for all the supernatural and romance genre fanatics. There’s action, suspense, a bit of scare, and plot twists that will keep you entertained throughout this windy season. It will have you wanting to watch during class and rushing to get home to throw on a warm blanket and tune in. This show will make you feel like you yourself are a character in the storyline. Perfect for us delusional girls trying to escape reality. If you loved Twilight, you will definitely fall in love with this show. Team Stefan or Team Damon?

Teen Wolf

This thrilling show is a must-watch favorite. Set in the fictional town of Beacon Hills, California, Scott McCall is a seemingly ordinary high school student but his life drastically takes a turn when he is bitten by a werewolf in the middle of the woods. After this, he turns into a werewolf himself, gaining supernatural powers. Scott’s newfound abilities get him tangled in a much larger world filled with many dangers and obstacles. He must navigate through these complex and mysterious challenges with his best friend Stiles Stilinski, and the wolfpack that he creates along the way, in order to save the people of his town from severe threats. This supernatural-type show can really get you into the Halloween or fall spirit, and each episode will leave you in suspense and excitement. 

Twilight

This popular supernatural film series, mixing romance and fantasy is set in the town of Forks, Washington, and focuses on the thrilling connection between Bella Swan, the new girl, and Edward Cullen, a mysterious boy who later reveals that he is a vampire. However, Edward and his family have made the decision to live in peace by avoiding human blood. Edward falls in love with Bella despite his initial opposition towards her, and their relationship becomes the center of the series. As Bella and Edward’s intense romance progresses, they face many challenges and dangers, including other vampires who could harm Bella. This is surely on our watchlist for the fall season, and it definitely gets us into the Halloween mood as well. If you’re into The Vampire Diaries, this might be the series for you.

Nikki Sabet is an active member of Her Campus at Pace University. She is a current junior and a psychology major on the pre-medical track. Outside of Her Campus, Nikki is a part-time volunteer at Mount Sinai Hospital. She spends two days out of the week surveying patients and ensuring that they get the best care possible during their stay at the hospital. She is also involved in research at the hospital and is a part of the Pre-professional Health Society at Pace. Nikki's personal interests include fashion, music, and medicine. She is always eager to spice up her style and try new styles whenever there is an opportunity. She likes thrifting as well. She enjoys listening to music on her free time, and she's become very passionate about pursuing her future career in healthcare. She hopes to go to medical school to become a doctor.
Juliana Thomas is an active member of Her Campus at Pace University. She is currently in her 3rd year in Pace's undergraduate program. She majors in history and minors in anthropology and sociology. Outside of Her Campus and School, Juliana works as a barista where she fulfills her own and others' coffee addiction. She hopes to pursue further education after receiving her bachelor's, most likely reaching a doctorate's degree in history or anthropology. She's passionate about animals, being a cat mom to two, and occasionally travels back to her hometown of Athens, Georgia to help her parents with their dog rescue and re-homing business and take care of their five dogs. She enjoys knitting, reading, writing, shopping, watching TV shows/movies, and aimlessly scrolling through TikTok.
Jahliyah Edwards is a contributing member of Pace Her Campus. This is her third year attending Pace as a Biology student on the Pre-med track. She has many interest in the scientific and medical field but she is most passionate about becoming an OB-GYN to protect and give equal treatment to pregnant women of color. Outside of school she enjoys her work as a Barista and connecting with the people of NYC. Her interest include fashion, media, science and volunteering.