This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

When I started this column I wanted to review and recommend new stories coming out, however, this past weekend I had the opportunity to attend New York Comic Con with a press pass and learned so much about what’s to come for some of my favorite shows. 

When attending Comic-Con I knew my favorite part would be the panels. The panel I was really looking forward to the most was Outlander. Outlander is a television show based on a series of novels written by Diana Gabaldon. Because I knew I wanted to see this popular panel, I got to the theater early in the day so that I could get a seat and be sure not to lose it. Because of this, I ended up seeing many panels for shows I’d never seen or even heard of and truly learned so much. Every year, I always waited for videos of panels to be uploaded to youtube and it was such a cool experience to actually be in the room this time as producers, writers, and cast talk about how much goes into each episode. I find it extremely inspiring as I hope to work among them one day. Being at Comic-Con you get to see a real sense of community that comes from being part of a fandom. There were moments where people cried, laughed, and even got engaged. These stories have really changed people’s lives the way they’ve changed mine. 

A few years ago, to me, Outlander was just a show that my mom watched that I would sometimes sit down and watch with her. Today, it’s so much more than that. Once I completely dove into the story myself I hit a point of no return. You not only get lost in this world but you fall for the characters almost immediately and need to know what’s going to happen to them. Claire is the protagonist every woman needs in her life. She’s strong, smart and doesn’t let anyone or anything come between her and what she wants. Because this show is set in the past in two separate timelines that are both very different from today; I believe it makes her as a character even more impressive. Then there’s Jamie, king of men honestly. He’s the man of every woman’s dreams while still being very “of his time”. In a time where men saw women as property, he sees her as his equal. Watching their love story unfold has kept readers and viewers hooked for several years and I honestly don’t see that stopping any time soon.

The panel itself was everything I wanted and more. They showed a teaser trailer and discussed what’s to come in season five for our favorite duo and the rest of the amazing characters in this show. The panel ended with the cast raising their glasses of whiskey in cheers to season five and getting to celebrate it surrounded by fans, “Slàinte!” 

I personally can’t wait for what’s to come for this show and to hopefully return to Comic-Con in the future! You can check out Seasons 1 & 2 of Outlander on Netflix or Seasons 1-4 on Starz!

Hey, I'm Sarah! I'm a junior double majoring in Film and Screen Studies; as well as English. I'm from Syracuse, New York but absolutely love it here in New York City. I couldn't be more excited to be a part of Her Campus at Pace!!