BTS\'s \"Life Goes on\" music video.
BTS\'s \"Life Goes on\" music video.
Big Hit Entertainment

BTS and Megan Thee Stallion Revive Summer with Their New Collaboration

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Hot girl summer is officially transferring into the hot girl semester, and Megan Thee Stallion has revived summer with a hot new remix of BTS’s smash-hit “Butter“. The remix is spectacular, the energy between Megan and BTS is perfect, and I am obsessed.

While fans only fantasized about the collaboration between the Grammy-nominated group and the Grammy-winning rapper. Megan, real name Megan Pete, and her lawyers took her record label 1501 and CEO Carl Crawford to a Texas court for the song to be released. In the end, the judge sided with Pete and her team. Her team claimed “If Pete is not allowed to release a new track this Friday on which she is the featured artist in a remix with BTS of the song called, “Butter,” her music career will suffer irreparable damage, including a devastating impact to her relationships with her fans and with other recording artists in the music industry.” This is the second time Megan has sued her record label after they similarly blocked the release of her 2020 single Suga

The remix was released on August 27, 2021, with fans and critics thrilled. BTS has produced numerous remixes with top artists including, Nicki Minaj, Steve Aoki, Halsey, and others. However, this remix is fighting for the top spot. After listening to the song, you can tell why Megan fought for this song to be remixed. The song starts with a noticeable iconic shout from Megan, “It’s the Hot Girl Coach and BTS” signaling to all of us this is their combined song. While fans are familiar with the catchy chorus, Megan’s verses add a new flair to the song. The verses are cool, collected, and smooth as cocoa butter. Thankfully, BTS’s rap verses still remained as Megan gave ad-libs in the background to enhance the energy.

The remix was everything I needed in life. BTS and Megan not only have chemistry on the collaboration but in regular interactions as well. Megan has made numerous tweets and videos about the remix and showing support for the members, and BTS recently released a performance video for the remix.

Overall, I would rate this song a perfect ten out of ten. Remixes can be awkward and unnecessary. Megan and BTS bring a breath of fresh air to the overly saturated music scene. If you need a new song for your playlist, add this song immediately. There’s a reason “Butter” went number one after this remix’s release, to quote Megan, “‘Cause every beat I get on get turned in to Hubba Bubba.”

Hi everyone! I'm Alysa and I am the former Campus Correspondent for HC Pace NYC. I majored in Communication Studies and minored in Sociology & Anthropology and Arts & Entertainment Management. Within my articles you can find everything I love to write including, pop culture, sports, politics, and my personal NYC experiences! Feel free to connect with me on my socials!