How To Survive The First Week Back With Snow Storm Jonas

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

With Snowmaggedon 2k16, otherwise know as snowstorm Jonas, and the beginning of the new semester coinciding, it is going to be a rough first week back. Winter is here to stay people. Here are a few tips to keep you sane. Bring on the impending doom. 

1. Realize that all those books you bought for the beginning of the semester cheap from an online seller will not make it to you in a timely manner. I know, you saved a ton of money, but save yourself a freakout and accept that you’ll be behind in your reading.

2. Stock up on food. And I mean real food not snacks. Yes, ramen counts as real food. Chances are your dining hall will shut down because of the storm so don’t be stuck without a food source. Seamless and other delivery services will probably be shut down as well.

3. Make sure to charge all of your electronics. And download a couple of movies just in case, you know, the whole city loses power. Sure, back-up generators are a thing but one can never be too prepared.

4. Some of your professors will probably cancel class because they don’t feel like commuting in this weather. However, if you are one of the unlucky ones whose professors insists on holding class despite the blizzard outside, try not to be too salty. (I’ve known someone who had to go to class via Skype because his professor refused to cancel).

5. Be prepared to get a little cabin fever. Cold temperatures and lots of snow mean you’ll despise having to go outside. Cue crazy antics. While snuggling up with a mug of hot chocolate while snow falls outside may seem quaint, soon you’ll wish you could frolic outside without freezing your tuchus off.

6. If you must go outside, dress in layers. Never leave without a hat, scarf, and gloves or you’ll be very sad. Better yet, avoid outdoors like the plague.

7. Chug hot chocolate and binge watch while you still can. It is going to be a crazy semester so enjoy the calm before the storm.

Hi, my name's Savannah and I'm an apple living in the big apple. I love red sour patch kids and huge cups of coffee. Always on the look out for good books and new adventures.