This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

This past weekend Disney held their D23 expo where Walt Disney Studios, Walt Disney Animation, and Pixar all announced and showcased trailers for all their upcoming movies. The D23 expo, presented by Visa, is the ultimate Disney fan event held at the Anaheim Convention Center. During D23 the announcement and full trailer for Hocus Pocus 2 was released. 

The original Hocus Pocus is a great movie to watch when you want to start getting into the Halloween spirit. It’s not too scary and it has a lot of adventure. We follow Max, his younger sister Dani, and their friend, Max’s love interest, Allison, as they try to rid Salem of the Sanderson sisters before dawn to ensure the kids of Salem’s safety. 

In the sequel, viewers will follow three high schoolers who accidentally light the black flame candle (again) 29 years later. Now the Sanderson sisters are back and ready to cause chaos with only one thing on their minds: revenge. It’s up to these three high schoolers, the way it was up to Max, Dani and Allison, to stop the sisters from wreaking havoc on Salem (again) and send them away before dawn on Halloween. The film includes Bette Midler, Kathy Najimy, and Sarah Jessica Parker, who play the iconic roles of the Sanderson sisters. They were introduced at D23 by the president of Walt Disney Studios Motion Picture Production, Sean Bailey, before showcasing the trailer for everyone. The film also includes actors: Whitney Peak, Sam Richardson, Hannah Waddingham, Belissa Escobedo, Lilia Buckingham, Froy Gutierrez, and more. 

As someone who loves the first movie, Hocus Pocus, I was so excited when they announced there was a Hocus Pocus 2 in the making. When I got the notification that the official trailer was released at D23 and was now available for everyone to see I ran to my computer. Hocus Pocus holds a lot of nostalgia and it’s one of the perfect Halloween movies to watch once it’s October. It has the perfect mix of that Fall/Halloween aesthetic and I think that’s why I, personally, love it so much. Not to mention it was a big part of my childhood, as were many other Disney Halloween movies.  

If you haven’t seen the first movie, Hocus Pocus, you should watch it ASAP; there’s nothing like the original. Then you can watch Hocus Pocus 2 when it premieres on Disney+ Friday, Sept. 30, 2022. 

Hey, I'm Emily and I'm a junior at Pace University. I'm the Facebook assistant for Her Campus Pace, and I love movies, books, and music. <3