Style > Fashion

Halloween Costume Ideas for You & Your Friends: A Basic Guide

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

It’s that time of year again. Halloween is right around the corner, and the girls are in search of the perfect costume. Some of us may go all out with our individual costumes this year, and others may want to coordinate with their friends! If you want to match costumes with your friends but don’t know what to dress as, don’t worry! Here are four cute and classic themes that are universally loved every Halloween.

The Powerpuff Girls

This costume idea is great for friend groups of three! The Powerpuff Girls have been iconic and widely recognized in pop culture since the debut of their cartoon back in 1998. Your trio can dress as Blossom, Bubbles, and Buttercup, giving a very coordinated and stylish look for each friend. It’s an overall simple costume to put together and doesn’t require much hassle. All you need is some type of green, pink, and blue dress or skirt set, one for each character. You can spice it up with some accessories as well! These vibrant colors will surely give off a positive vibe.

Mean Girls

Mean Girls is a classic 2000s teen movie that’s become very popular since it was released. This is a great costume option for friend groups of three or even groups of four. Each friend can dress up as Regina George, Gretchen Wieners, Karen Smith, and Cady Heron if you are a group of four. The pink-themed outfits are very fashionable and will have many heads turning. They are also easy to replicate! If you and your friends want to look stylish for Halloween but aren’t sure who to dress up as, this might be a great option for you.

Angel and Devil

This one is the go-to Halloween costume for so many duos. The angel and devil complement each other so well, showing vibrant colors of light and dark. The angel can offer a beautiful theme of white flowing fabrics, while the devil offers a vibrant red aesthetic and both can be worn however you please! Whether you choose a dress, a corset, a skirt, etc., everyone will recognize your costumes when they see the halo and the striking devil horns. You and your friend will absolutely slay that Halloween party you’re planning to attend if you decide to have this as your costume.

Subway Surfers

Jake and Tricky are the two popular characters from the game Subway Surfers. If you want to coordinate with your friend or partner, this is a great and unique option. Subway Surfers is a widely iconic game, so once people see both of you in your costumes, they will be sure to catch on. If you’re going as Tricky, all you have to do is find some baggy jeans, sneakers, a white shirt or tank top, and a red beanie and you’re good to go! As Jake, you’ll just want to find some skinny jeans, a denim jacket (or any jacket), and a cap. You might even find your costume within your regular everyday clothing!

Nikki Sabet is an active member of Her Campus at Pace University. She is a current junior and a psychology major on the pre-medical track. Outside of Her Campus, Nikki is a part-time volunteer at Mount Sinai Hospital. She spends two days out of the week surveying patients and ensuring that they get the best care possible during their stay at the hospital. She is also involved in research at the hospital and is a part of the Pre-professional Health Society at Pace. Nikki's personal interests include fashion, music, and medicine. She is always eager to spice up her style and try new styles whenever there is an opportunity. She likes thrifting as well. She enjoys listening to music on her free time, and she's become very passionate about pursuing her future career in healthcare. She hopes to go to medical school to become a doctor.