Getting Involved: Kappa Delta Sorority

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

Getting Involved: Kappa Delta Sorority

Kappa Delta is a national sorority with 163 chapters in the country. Luckily one of them is right here at Pace University! We are a Greek organization that strives to encourage confidence among college women. A lot of people on campus aren’t very familiar with Greek life and Kappa Delta in particular so I decided to have a little Q&A with myself. 

Do you guys haze? Kappa Delta National Sorority has a strict no hazing policy. We believe in building each other up, not tearing each other down. We strive to be our best selves. 

Do you guys have Greek houses? No unfortunately since we don’t have a traditional campus it’s impossible to have an apartment that can fit all of our sisters. Most of us still live together on and off campus though! 

How expensive is it? Since we do host many events for our philanthropies and are a National sorority it does come with some fees. Luckily since we don’t have houses it’s not as expensive as other sororities at other schools. 

How much of a time commitment is it? Since we are located in NYC and everyone is super busy with school, work, etc. it doesn’t take up too much of our schedule. We have weekly chapter meetings where we discuss upcoming events and then we have those events spread out through the semester. 

What are your philanthropies? Our 3 organizations that we work with are, Girl Scouts of the USA, Prevent Child Abuse America, Orthopedic Research Awards and Children’s Hospital of Richmond at VCU. We host events that help raise money for these organizations such as the Prevent Child Abuse America pinwheel event in Times Square.

Are you just friends with each other? We are sisters and do spend time with one another but we aren’t each other’s only friends. Of course we are friends with other people in school and from other Greek organizations but at the end of the day we are sisters and are there for each other no matter what.

Kappa Delta Sorority is in incredible organization full of amazing, beautiful and inspiring women. I have met some of my best friends through KD and have had many amazing opportunities because of it. If you could see yourself being apart of this wonderful sorority you can come out to Spring recruitment at the end of January.

Senior Communications major and Women and Gender Studies minor at Pace University who spends too much time researching celebrities and not enough on homework.