Rockefeller ice rink and Christmas tree in New York
Elizabeth Tait

Fun And Festive Ways To Kick Off The Holiday Season

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

They say New York City never sleeps, and with seasonal celebrations fast approaching, many students are looking for fun activities to do in celebration of surviving exams and anticipating a well-deserved holiday break. From 5th Avenue to Brooklyn here are some must-do festive activities taking place this month in New York City:

5th Avenue’s New Light Installation  

From 48th Street to 59th Street, Blachere Illumination’s “Make it Bright” holiday sculpture trail features showstopping lights that are picture perfect for you Instagram feed. Along with the dazzling lights, the trail also features giant toys that are sure to make you smile. 

Brooklyn’s Dyker Heights Christmas Lights

A perfect addition to the holiday cheer, visit this beautifully lit Brooklyn neighborhood for a nice winter walk as you look at the eye-catching displays.

See George Balanchine’s The Nutcracker

Get all dressed up for a magical evening at the ballet with sugarplum fairies and dazzling lights. The Lincoln Centre’s David H. Koch Theatre will be the home to The Nutcracker. With beautiful costumes, elaborate sets, and captivating stories, this is a great way to kick off the holiday season with your squad!

Hi, my name is Melissa and I am studying Communications at Pace. I enjoy designing, writing, and travelling the world :-)