This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

It’s February 28th, 2020, and today Harry Styles released a music video for his single, “Falling.” This is Harry’s second music video accompanying his most recent album Fine Line– the first being the iconic “Adore You” back in December. “Adore You,” a more upbeat, radio-friendly song, had a really interesting and unique promotion tactic that used travel ads for the fictional town of Eroda, where the video takes place (I’m a nerdy marketing major- I love this stuff). 

Since the album came out, “Falling” has been my favorite song, generating tears in my eyes almost every single time I listen to it. I don’t think I would necessarily say that I relate to the song, but I really love the progression and raw emotion that Harry displays. At the time of which I am writing this, the video premiered 24 minutes ago- and I am finally ready to watch.

Within the first 10 seconds, my eyes already started to water. Harry’s acting skills have come a long way since iCarly, with 2017’s Dunkirk to prove just that. The video concept plays on the beauty of “Falling,” featuring Harry sitting in a room full of art wearing a sheer top that dances in the water.

The rising water really captures the essence of this song. Even the video quality is insane, contributing to the feel of a short movie. The first scene foreshadowed the rest of the video, showing Harry breathing heavily as the water washed away: he survived, despite the intensity of the rest of the video.

Twitter is going crazy, I’m emotionally unstable, and I have to somehow make it through the rest of the day. Be sure to watch “Falling” on YouTube and stream Fine Line on Spotify, Apple Music, or wherever you listen to your tunes.

My name is Kylie Geatz. While I work towards a career in the music industry, I enjoy my time spent living in NYC exploring, drinking too much coffee, and attending different events/concerts. Feel free to reach out and comment on any of my articles on any of my social media accounts (@altkylie)!