Everything To Know About Louis Tomlinson’s ‘Faith in the Future’ Album

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

“Faith in the future” – a phrase that has been repeated and practically coined by Louis Tomlinson, starting from when he first tweeted it back in March 2021, promises that big things are coming.

Now, almost two years later we know that Faith in the Future is the name of his second solo album that is set to be released on Nov. 11, 2022. The album will feature 16 brand new songs, with a Target exclusive edition of the album featuring a live version of “Copy of a Copy of a Copy” and an unreleased song called “Paradise.”

In a recent interview with Alternative Press, Tomlinson expressed how this album has, more or less, allowed him to feel comfortable with the direction he was heading in as a solo artist. Faith in the Future also marks the first album Tomlinson will have released since leaving Syco Music (aka the management company run by Simon Cowell). Since announcing his departure from Syco in July 2020, Tomlinson has proven his strength as a solo artist. But, Faith in the Future is the first time he has been allowed to express himself through music that he wants to make. 

“Bigger Than Me,” the first single released from the album, sets the tone for a new era of Tomlinson’s music. Lyrically, the song is about Tomlinson being comfortable with change and allowing himself to grow as a person. The chorus starts with the lyrics “When somebody told me I would change, I use to hide behind a smile, when somebody told me I should change I was afraid, I don’t know why.” These specific lyrics stuck out to me in the song because as a life-long fan of Tomlinson, they feel so personal to his growth and maturity as an artist. To me, this album signifies that Tomlinson is not afraid to make a certain type of music and break out of the mold of what someone else wants him to be. 

Hi everyone, my name is Madison and I am currently a junior at Pace studying arts and entertainment management! Feel free to reach out to me on my socials :)