Bad Girls Club: Ranking the Top 5 Girls in Their Villain Eras

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace chapter.

In a world dominated by leading actors and male antagonists, it’s time to shine the spotlight on the bad girls who steal the show with their killer minds and devilish charm. From high school divas to fashion bosses and stone-cold temperaments, these leading ladies aren’t just breaking hearts, they’re breaking all the rules. In this time defined by “soft girl eras” and “healing eras,” these women entering their villain eras hold a special place as my personal favorites and are definitely my kind of chaos.

Regina George in Mean Girls (2004)

The first on the list, who undoubtedly earns her spot in the bad girls club thanks to her manipulative tactics, tireless confidence, and blunt honesty, is none other than North Shore’s finest: Regina George. With her flawless fashion picks and having the upper hand in any situation, she ruled the high school, spreading gossip, sabotage, and social status like a true icon. Yeah, she owned those sweats, even though they were all that fit her, and turned a fashion crisis into a statement.

Miranda Priestly in The Devil Wears Prada (2006)

Every intern’s worst nightmare? It’s not just the Prada that the devil wears — it’s Miranda Priestly. In a fashion world full of chaos and couture, she’s the boss you love to fear. Her demands and expectations are just as high as her stilettos; her criticism and looks are sharper than a runway model’s jawline. She’s not just a boss, she’s a fashionista on a power trip. You’ll find her on the billboards of Vogue, serving eye rolls and terrorizing interns with equal flair.

Jennifer Check in Jennifer’s Body (2009)

Jennifer Check walks into the bad girls club with the glow of a glamor girl and the appetite of a demon. She’s not your average mean girl; she’s diabolically devilish. With each boy she devours, she’s shattering their dating records — and stereotypes and does it all with a wink and a lethal one-liner. Forget about the girls who play hard to get; she belongs to the club that plays hard to forget and serves up regret. So, boys, beware: when Jennifer’s on the loose, she’s hungry for more than just compliments on her impressive outfits.

Medusa in Clash of the Titans and Percy Jackson & the Olympians (2010)

Ever since I saw that one scene in Percy Jackson, lasting barely five minutes, where Percy and his friends confront Medusa in her lair, using his phone to avoid her gaze and ultimately defeating her, Medusa has held me spellbound. Who knew a girl with snake hair could be so mesmerizing? She’s an OG with a killer stare (literally). She’ll petrify you with just one gaze stonier than your ex’s heart, the ultimate mean girl of Greek mythology. Just don’t stare too long, or you might find yourself as still as a statue at the Met.

Amy Dunne in Gone Girl (2014)

You know you’re a true Gone Girl fan when you can recite Amy Dunne’s chilling cool girl monologue by heart. This movie, thanks to the baddest chick there is, has practically become a ritual to watch. With Amy’s cold, calculated delivery and her calm aura, she’s the chief, founder, and architect of the bad girls club. Let’s be real here, she’s not playing games, she’s playing for keeps. It’s as if she’s holding a playbook on how to mess with someone’s mind, and she flips through its pages like a beloved bedtime story. That’s why she’s earned her place in the bad girls club of antagonists; because nobody does devious quite like Amy Dunne.

Meet Aashna – a Communication and Media Studies major with an unparalleled flair for fashion and an eye for making campus life anything but ordinary. When she's not hitting the books and acing her classes, you can find her strolling across campus, effortlessly blending style with ease. She's an overachiever craving for academic validation with minors in Fashion, Special Events Marketing, and Criminal Justice, and she's as ambitious as they come. But don't let her academic achievements fool you – Aashna's got a wicked sense of humor to match! Whether she's dishing out sarcasm with friends or organizing the next big event, she does it all with charm and a smile.When she's feeling the weight of handling such occasions, you can often find her seeking solace on Fifth Avenue, using retail therapy as her form of stress relief. And when the weekend rolls around, you'll find her slipping into her comfiest satin PJs with a glass of Coke in hand, ready to unwind with her favorite comfort show (or screaming at her TV as she's getting hyped for El Clásico, ready to see Barça send Madrid packing, or gracefully embracing City's Premier League dominance, or some days just rolling her eyes at Ferrari's Formula 1 fails) and perhaps indulging in a little gossip. For a touch of chic and a hint of sass, Aashna is your campus connoisseur – guaranteed to leave you inspired and entertained, just like a front-row seat at Fashion Week.