This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

It is that time of the year. It is the perfect weather to go to a farm! Wightman Farm has many activities that will be perfect to get into the holiday spirit. With the ultimate farm experience for only $20 at Wightman Farm, you will never want to leave. 

The Hayride 

Your friends and family take a hayride where you sit on a whole bail of hay. Make sure you sit down at all times because the ride can get quite bumpy. You pass large areas of land and see the beautiful bright- sun shining on the trees. It is so beautiful. You cannot resist taking a picture. 

Pumpkin Patch 

The ultimate farm experience pack allows you to pick any one pumpkin for free, but if you are lucky, you can get an extra one. There is a wide variety of pumpkins to pick from. From small to large. From fat to round. There are also decorated pumpkins that you can purchase if you are looking for more of a unqiue pumpkin.

Apple Picking

There are many apples to choose from. Red, yellow, green. You are even given a free tote bag to carry your apples in while you continue to pick them. A stick is provided to you in case the apples are very high up. Once you are done picking your favorite apples, you have to go purchase them.

Free Donut 

You get one free donut with the ultimate farm experience pack. You get to choose from three types of donuts: powered, sugared, or cinnamon. These donuts melt in your mouth and all you want is seconds. 

Giant Corn Maze

Before entering the giant corn maze, you are provided with a paper maze of the whole field. I strongly suggest you figure out the maze on paper first upon entering. Walking into the giant corn maze, is something that you need patience for. There are many twist and turns and before you know it, you are lost and cannot find your way out. This maze will take you quite some time if you do not follow the clues given to you. 

Pumpkin Slingshot 

This is not provided with the ultimate farm experience pack. It is very inexpensive to participate in this activity. All you have to do is hit the targets with a small little pumpkin using a slingshot. Depending on what target you hit, depends on the prize you get. Now, do not underestimate this activity, it is a little bit difficult to achieve. 

Now that November is beginning and the weather is getting cooler, it is the perfect time to go to Wightman Farm. I hope these great activities will spark your interest and into the holiday spirit. Have fun!

Jada Desir

Pace Pleasantville '22

Jada is a Junior majoring in Criminal Justice and minoring in sociology and anthropology at Pace University Pleasantville. She is from Brooklyn, NY. In her free time, Jada loves to listen to music and dance. This year, her goal is to get involved more on campus and meet new faces.