This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

Midterms are approaching and students always have a hard time finding the best ways to prepare. With these tips, you will find the best ways to study for all your midterms coming up and get that A!!!

Find a good place to study.

Many people often make the mistake of studying in their room or on their bed. Why do they do that? Studying on your bed is just going to slowly make you tired and eventually you will fall asleep, forgetting about your upcoming midterm. The best thing to do is leave your room and find somewhere else to study, such as the library. 

Do not wait for the last minute.

When waiting for the last minute, you start to panic and get nothing done. You should not study the day before the midterm. You need to a study a little bit every day at least a week before you take your midterm. This will allow you to remember a lot of information effectively. 

Manage your time. 

Students will not have one midterm, they will have a midterm for each class. You need to be able to study for multiple midterms at a time. Take time to make a schedule or To-do list to help you organize which midterms you will study for each day of the week. 

Take notes.

Always take notes during class or when reading the textbook. During lectures, professors may write notes on the board, if you are lucky, or just speak the whole class time. During lectures you need to write down important information that you believe will be beneficial to know, especially for your midterm. Also, when reading from the textbook, you need to always take notes on what you read so that when you start preparing for your midterm you do not need to go back and read the entire textbook over again. Instead, you could just look over your notes to help you study. 

Ask questions. 

Students are always afraid to ask questions. Asking questions on topics you are not sure of is very important. If you are confused on something, you will not know if you are studying the right material and if you are doing it effectively. If you are not comfortable asking questions in front of the class, you can email the professor, speak to him/ her after class, or set up a meeting. 

Hopefully these tips will help you prepare for upcoming midterms and grant you that A. 

Jada Desir

Pace Pleasantville '22

Jada is a Junior majoring in Criminal Justice and minoring in sociology and anthropology at Pace University Pleasantville. She is from Brooklyn, NY. In her free time, Jada loves to listen to music and dance. This year, her goal is to get involved more on campus and meet new faces.