sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=719&height=464&fit=crop&auto=webp
sharon mccutcheon Ru 7if4siHA unsplash?width=398&height=256&fit=crop&auto=webp
Wellness > Sex + Relationships

How to Combat Single Sadness This February

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

February can be a tough month if you don’t have a significant other to cuddle up with on the 14th. Seeing your cuffed friends heading out to the movies or dinner while you’re cozying up to your laptop can hurt. As a struggling single girl, here are my tips to combat single sadness this month!

1. Keep your girls close leading up to the 14th

Your girl gang should be your top priority this month, and honestly should be a priority at all times, even if you have a man! They are the ones who will pull you through the worst of times, and come running with ice cream when you’re sad about being single. Try hosting a “Galentine’s Day” party on the 13th to keep your mood elevated.

2. Watch a good anti-valentines movie

Believe it or not, this is an actual movie category! Watching other relationships fail, or horror movies such as Gone Girl, can really get you in the “I hate men” kind of mood!

3. Treat Yo’ Self

Take this month to pamper yourself! Go get your nails done, do some at home face masks, and maybe even try the newest internet beauty craze. Keeping your mind on yourself will help you focus on the good and get out the bad!

4. Test your luck with a blind date

Are you single and ready to mingle? Use Valentine’s Day as an excuse to have your friends set you up on a blind date! Having your friends pick out your day can be nerve wracking, so you could always take a chance with popular dating apps such as Tinder or Bumble. 

5. Avoid all things Valentine’s Day 

Avoid social media on the 14th, and stay clear of the sappy Lifetime movies! By avoiding love, you won’t think about your own sadness. Just remember, it’s only one day out of the year, and then you can go back to loving the single life. 

Emily serves as Associate of Campus Community & Marketing here at Her Campus. She graduated from Pace University in 2020 with a degree in Communications. Emily served as a Campus Correspondent at Pace University, was a former intern for Her Campus' InfluenceHer Collective and was a part of Campus Trendsetters. In her spare time you can find her crafting, going to art museums and listening to Taylor Swift.