This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

In wake of the tragic death of the talented rapper and producer Mac Miller, I thought it would be appropriate to share my 6 all time favorite Mac Miller songs.

1. What’s the Use? 

This bop is the third track on Mac’s most recent album, Swimming, and my ABSOLUTE favorite song by him. I first fell in love with this song (and Mac himself) when I watched Mac’s performance on NPR’s Tiny Desk Concert. The bass is insane and the acoustics alone put anyone in a groovy mood.  It has such a chilled vibe and it never fails to bring a smile to my face whenever it comes on. My friends and I played this song nonstop for the entirety of August, so this song will forever have awesome memories attached to it. “What’s the Use” is definitely a song that you should listen to when you’re cruising in the car or just looking for a chill song to. 

2. Senior Skip Day

This throwback track was first released as a single in 2010. It has such a happy and care-free feel and it always brings me back to senior year of high school (good times). The line, “enjoy the best things in your life cause you ain’t gonna get to live it twice”, is one of Mac’s most popular lyrics and it really resonated with me, especially in wake of his sudden death.  

3. My Favorite Part

This is a song that Mac wrote with his girlfriend at the time, Ariana Grande, for his 2016 album The Divine Feminine. It is such a raw love song to vibe to and the music video is super cute. 

4. Self Care

Self Care is another song off of Mac’s most recent album and his most popular song on Spotify currently. This mellow rap spits some sick lines and has a good instrumental that will get anyone jamming.

5. Weekend (feat. Miguel) 

This song is off of Mac’s album GO:OD AM and it features another one of my favorite artists, Miguel. Its the perfect song to listen to when you’re getting ready to go out with friends or just hanging around on a Friday. 

6. Donald Trump 

Donald Trump is off of The Best Day Ever Album and it is an upbeat song that will bring energy to any room. Controversially, many believed that this song confirmed Mac’s support for Trump, but in interviews following the song’s release, Mac denied his support for the presidential candidate.

Mac was an incredibly talented artist who put his best work out there and I hope that his music will continue to be appreciated for years and years to come.

Meili Sicard

Pace Pleasantville '22

Meili is a Junior nursing major at Pace University Pleasantville. She is a proud resident of the Massachusetts/Rhode Island area (and a proud NE Patriots fan). In her spare time, Meili likes to go to the beach, listen to music on Spotify, drink exorbitant amounts of coffee, and spend all of her money on food. She is a sister of the Alpha Rho Chapter of Delta Phi Epsilon on campus and the current Campus Correspondent of HC Pace Pleasantville.