5 Reasons Why Staying on Campus for Thanksgiving Break Isn’t Bad

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Pace Pleasantville chapter.

While most college students went home for Thanksgiving break, some were either stuck on campus because the travel back home is too long or they just didn’t feel like going back home. Don’t worry! If you’re one of the students who is feeling pretty crappy about being on campus for the break I’m gonna give you some reasons why staying on campus can be nice.

1. You’ll have your dorm all to yourself 

If your roommate decided to go home for Thanksgiving break then that means you have an entire dorm to yourself. Which means you can finally do whatever you want without having to worry about another person being present and judging you. 

2. You don’t have to worry about nosy family members

If this is your first time not being home for Thanksgiving you can finally embrace the feeling of not having to worry about random family members asking you a bunch of questions about your love life, your major, or just about anything and everything that’s going on with you.

3. You won’t have to deal with annoying people on campus 

Sometimes there are a select few of people who just get on your nerves and you feel like you need a break from them. Being on campus during Thanksgiving break gives you an opportunity to have your own break away from people. 

4. You don’t have to run into your old high school classmates 

Some people would like to forget high school even existed. Running into old classmates would make that pretty hard to do. Being on campus is basically your safe haven where you don’t have to awkwardly run into anyone from home. 

5. You’ll be productive

Being alone with no distractions and nothing to do, you’ll most likely end up doing some work for school. Everyone will come back to campus feeling a bit overwhelmed with all their assignments while you’re just chilling watching everyone scramble around trying to get their work done. 

Sheena Williams

Pace Pleasantville '22

Sheena Williams is a sophomore at Pace University, majoring in digital cinema and filmmaking along with a minor in digital media studies. She spends her time working on creative projects and hopes to play an active role in the media.