JSC Quad and Thorne Hall

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Besides making me want to study outside, all the beautiful weather this week has made me even more impatient for summer. However, I have a feeling that I’m going to start missing Oxy again after a couple months at home. During winter break, I definitely started missing campus when coincidentally, I saw shots of Oxy in some of the multiple television shows and movies that I’d started watching to entertain myself at the end of those five long weeks. One of the parts of campus most often incorporated into the television/ movie shoots that take place at Oxy are of JSC Quad and Thorne Hall! There’s one episode of Criminal Minds where the camera takes a sweeping shot of the scene in my photo here. When watching The Holiday starring Kate Winslet and Jude Law, one part took place in a very familiar-looking building, which I discovered later via the Internet to be Thorne Hall’s interior! Anyway, I guess if I do start missing Oxy over the summer, all I’ll have to do is turn on the television now and then.

Madi Tsuji is a former Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Occidental. She is originally from Seattle, WA and now lives in New York City, where she works in PR.