Eleni Duret ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Meet Eleni Duret! Eleni is Her Campus Oxy’s first female Cutie!

Name: Eleni Duret

Class Year: 2015

Hometown: Astoria, Oregon.

Dorm: Pauley.

Major: Undeclared.

Relationship Status: Single.

Campus Activities/Interests: Dance Team, I’m also interested in becoming more active with the Community of Civic Engagement Department. I love to paint and I enjoy sports like soccer (I hope to play in the spring) and I enjoy interpretive dances during study breaks as well :) I love cats too!!

Favorite part of freshman year (so far): I’ve loved so much so far, but my favorite event was theOrientation square dance night. That was fantastic!

Life motto: Eh I’m not sure if I believe in life mottos because everyday changes for me, I just try to remember to always be optimistic about life and about others… Oh but I do believe that anything can be expressed through interpretive dance.

What mystifies you about the opposite sex?: How they always think that girls are so dang confusing when really humans are confusing! And if we could all just be a little more open about how we feel, things might be easier.

What is your ideal date?: Decemeber 7th, because that is my birthday :). For realsies though… I enjoy being active so I would love to go white-water rafting on a date or to an outdoor concert, but overall I really love surprises, so if a guy planed the simplest date with creativity I would love it! Taking the initiative to plan something is always appreciated. 

What is your biggest guilty pleasure?: PUDDING! Since they offer pudding everyday in the Marketplace I limit myself to Pudding Wednesdays. On Wednesdays I can have as much pudding as I want.

Who is your celebrity crush?: Josh Duhamel! Oh my, Fergie better watch out!

What do you think your spirit animal would be?: A CAT! Of course! I loveeeee cats! Or I am like an elephant, because I believe I have a great memory (possibly too great of a memory) and elephants are my favorite animals!

What song could describe your life right now?: “Love on Top” – just because I loooove Beyoncé and this song makes me want to dance and smile which is how most music should be!

What do you consider to be a priority on your bucket list?: To live more than 4 years in a foreign country where I would work in the community with humanitarian programs and live my life putting the community I live with first. 

Any hidden talents?:  I’m pretty gifted at naming things on the spot…annnnndddd I am/was a fantastic Girl Scout! Girl Scouting used to be my life!

Have you met this bubbly Campus Cutie in person? We’re so excited that she’s our first female cutie! Let us know what you think in the comments below!

Photo Credit: Sage Fichett Photography. Watermark removed due to size considerations.

Madi Tsuji is a former Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Occidental. She is originally from Seattle, WA and now lives in New York City, where she works in PR.