Claire Marsden ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Name: Claire Marsden

Year: 2014

Hometown: South Orange, NJ

Major: Politics

Usually seen: Forever in the Green Bean 

Campus Activities: I’m Greek Council President, in Theta, a Senior Admissions Fellow and an O-Core leader.

What is your ideal date?: Eating brunch at my favorite place in the East Village and then walking around Lower Manhattan

Do you have a deal breaker?: Not being able to laugh at yourself/taking yourself too seriously 

Tell us about your first kiss!: I was 13 at summer camp. It was with this guy Zack/h? on a boat in the Boston harbor, I was wearing a jean skirt and glasses. So Sick by Ne-Yo was playing (mood music). We haven’t spoken since……the one who got away 

What do you look for in a guy?: I like guys who are ambitious, passionate, and genuine, and who will laugh at my really bad jokes.

What was your favorite song in middle school?: Anything Usher ever sang but probably My Boo, and The Mixed Tape by Jack’s Mannequin.

Current favorite YouTube video: This video where a dad gets surprised with tickets to the big game or the hump day Geico commercial, that camel is wild

Do you have any Senior year goals?: Graduate, get a job, become an official regular at the Italian deli on Colorado

What is your go to dance move?: I like a good stanky leg. 

What is your favorite memory from your first year at Oxy?: Classy Party in the Greek Bowl – we drank champagne, smoked cigars, and ate cheese while super dressed up. 

If you could nominate someone for campus cutie who would it be?: Elya Shamskou and Carlos Vivaldo, because they are sitting right next to me and asking me to say so.