Airi Spenser ’15

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxy chapter.

Meet this week’s cutie, Airi Spenser ’15! Read on to learn more about Airi’s dream date and exactly what’s top priority on her bucket list.

Name: Airi Spenser
Year: 2015
Hometown: Kaneohe, Hawaii 
Major: Biology/Pre-Med
Relationship Status: Newly single and ready to mingle :)
On-Campus Activities: Colleges Against Cancer (Relay for Life’s Fight Back Committee), Dance Production’s Hula Group, I Ka Poli O Hawai’i, and the I <3 Good Sex Club
What is your favorite thing about Oxy? The fact that it’s on a hill. I always complain about the hike up to Norris, but at the end of the day, it really reminds me of all my high school memories.
Who’s your celebrity crush? Channing Tatum. I almost DIED watching Magic Mike. I love a man who can move his hips. 
What song are you playing on repeat right now? I’ll admit that for a while it was Taylor Swift’s We Are Never Getting Back Together, but now I just can’t stop playing Adorn by Miguel. It’s such a smooth song.
What would be an ideal first date? Going out to fancy dinners and fancy places is cool and all, but that’s really not me. I like those once in a while, but if you really want to impress me you should know that I’m a pretty laid back girl. I would either want to go to the beach to paddle board/kayak or go on a nice, scenic hike, and then end the day with a movie at home or playing video games.
What is something people would be surprised to know about you? l live in Hawaii now and I am Native Hawaiian, so I say I’m from there, but I was actually born in Great Falls, Montana. My dad used to be in the Air Force, so I moved around a lot. I spent four years in Montana, eight years in Japan, and now I live in Hawaii/California. 
What is your number one priority on your bucket list? Other than getting a pet giraffe, riding ostriches. 
If you could have a superpower, what would it be? The ability to literally absorb books and articles into my brain. Let’s be honest, things like Organic Chemistry would be a lot easier if we could just shove a book into our brain and call it a day for studying.