This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

Ever since I was a kid, I have been super into Christmas and I mean annoyingly into Christmas. The holiday season has always been my favorite time of the year for more reasons than just one. Christmas is by far the best holiday in terms of spirit and presents which is just a few of the many reasons I love Christmas.

Christmas is a time where people come together despite their differences and who they are. People seem to be happier with holiday cheer. The thought of going to the mall does not make me sick with the disgust of consumerism, but rather feels my heart with joy to see a collection of people spending time and their hard earned money trying to make their loved ones happy. Christmas seems to bring out the best in people, I usually never talk to strangers, but after Thanksgiving, I am given holiday greetings by almost everyone I encounter.

Growing up, I always loved seeing the decorations and passing by a house to see a tree lit up in the window. Christmas is my favorite holiday because the magic that Christmas brings seems to never die. Even as I grow older, I get to see that childlike joy in my little sister as she asks me to help her with her Christmas list and makes sure everyone in the house knows not to dare touch the elf on the shelf or he will lose his magic. Christmas is the best holiday because just for a little while everyone believes in the impossible.

But, my absolute favorite part of Christmas is something I wasn’t able to realize until I went off to college—being with my family. Christmas is my absolute favorite holiday because just for a few days my sisters and I stop fighting, my dad is off from work, and I am home with my family. There is something about Christmas-time that seems almost magical with the feeling that everyone comes together. I am so lucky that I am able to be with my family and show our love and appreciation for one another no matter what else has happened throughout the year.

As a child, I loved all things Christmas and would always be excited to decorate the tree and wrap presents. And while I still do love to do those things, I care less about the presents I get and more the feeling I have known all my family is together. Christmas is the season for giving, caring, loving, kindness, and sharing. While Christmas is a special holiday that we get to experience once a year, I sure hope one day we can take some of that Christmas spirit and make it year-round. Christmas is a time for bringing people together and expressing their love which is why it is my absolute favorite holiday.

Photos Sourced From Pexels: Photo 1, Photo 2

Hannah Page

Oxford Emory

Jordan Chapman

Oxford Emory

Jordan Chapman is a visual art and international studies major with a French minor at Emory University. As a second year student, she's incredibly busy, but when you add jetsetting and writing a blog (in addition to a Youtube channel), her life is more busy than you may think. When she isn't watching Stranger Things or writing blog posts, she's in class or sending emails, with the dream of being the next big editor or fashion blogger. As a future London expat and wanderlust victim, she visits the land across the pond quite frequently along with many other places in Europe frequently, just hoping that life will take her somewhere fun and exciting.