Self-Care Over Break

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

Finals are here, and I know that this is going to be a very stressful time for everyone. However, the break is almost here! After a long semester filled with tests, papers, and plenty of break downs about school, make sure to take time to do a lot of activities for yourself. Break is a great time to recuperate and do things that you may have been too busy to do during the semester.

Here are some things to do over break:

1 Read a book for fun and not for a class

2 Spend time with friends from high school

3 Volunteer or give back for the holidays

4 Bake or cook your favorite desserts and foods

5 Watch your favorite movies

6 Exercise (I probably won’t, but I hear it is helpful for de-stressing)

7 Sleep in! Catch up on as much sleep as possible

8 Watch a new TV show on Netflix

Whatever it is you choose to do over this break, remember how important self-care is. This has been a long semester with a lot of work. It is important to take time for yourself this break and make sure you are doing things that you enjoy! I hope everyone has a great, relaxing, and recuperating break.

Writing for Her Campus, alongside being the Senior Editor of the Emory chapter, strengthens my creativity and ability to teach others. It spills into my professional life by emphasizing my capabilities to motivate, inspire, and learn from my peers.