This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

Happy Fall y’all! It’s officially the best season of the year here at Oxford so bring on those comfortable sweaters, cute little boots, relaxed plaid shirts, billowing blanket scarves, and Pumpkin Spice EVERYTHING. It’s also time to gather with friends to celebrate the season with Harvest-time festivities because we’re in the perfect setting to do it! Here’s my to-do list of nearby things to do to have a little Fall fun in and around the Oxford Campus!

1.    Nature Walk

We are on a beautiful tree-filled campus, and as their leaves turn orange, golden yellow, and red, the campus looks magical! Take a study break and enjoy the beauty of Autumn while walking through the Nature Trails!

2.    Ghost Tour

For those of us who love a little bit of the mystery in our lives, there are several ghost tours nearby. Covington has a ghost tour that my best friend and I went on last Fall! The tour takes you around historic Covington, the graveyard, and walks you by some of the beautiful homes in the area including Twelve Oaks! I recommend getting a group of friends together, grabbing a bite to eat on the square, and heading over to the art store where the tour begins!

3.    Haunted House

Another way to have a little spooky fun with friends is to go to a Haunted House! There are tons of them in and around Atlanta! Some are scarier than others, so look up reviews to find the perfect fit!

4.    Farm Fun

My friends and I are already planning to spend a day at one of the local farms! We’re excited to get lost in a corn maze, to huddle together on a hayride, to go apple-picking and to pick out dorm-sized pumpkins!

5.          Decorate a Pumpkin

Whether you carve it, paint it, or glue on giant googly-eyes, having a pumpkin on your counter or window sill is a fun way to get in the Harvest-time spirit! Just don’t keep it too long (it will start to rot after a few weeks)!

6.     Have an Apple Cider Study Session

College is hard, and we can’t always take time to fully relax so incorporate Fall into your study sessions with hot apple cider! It’s a great pick-me-up for those long study hours leading up to a test!

7.     Make Caramel Apples

Caramel Apples are simple but delicious! All you need is caramel, a pot to melt it in, apples, and sticks to hold them! Put the stick into a washed apple, dip the apple into the melted caramel, place it on a plate, let it harden, and then enjoy!

8.    Decorate your Door

Get together with your roommate and decorate your door to get your hall in the spirit of Autumn! One simple but cute idea is to make a glittery pinecone with a little ribbon to hang on your door handle!

9.    Open Your Window

There’s nothing quite like an Autumn breeze to freshen up your room and refresh the soul. Open your window and enjoy one of life’s simple pleasures! 

Emily Macdonald

Oxford Emory '18

As a Political Science Major and a French Minor, I have big dreams of making a positive difference in the world. In 2017, I had the incredible honor of being named Co-Campus Correspondent of Her Campus at the Oxford College of Emory University alongside Marine Bruno. Although I graduated from Oxford College, I will always have fond memories of my time with Her Campus. Even as I move on to a new phase in my life, I look forward to watching Her Campus at Oxford Emory grow!