This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oxford Emory chapter.

1. Plan in advance!

I recommend looking at your syllabi and planning everything you have to do until the end of the semester. Then start working early, so it is less overwhelming. Try to get papers and projects out of the way before exam week hits, so you can focus on your exams.

2. Find a study spot that works best for you.

If you need to study by yourself in complete silence, now is the time! Or if you need a busy environment to work in, use that. If you haven’t figured out where you study best, try experimenting now so that as soon as finals week starts, you have a place to go.

3. Make a study schedule.

I try to make a schedule for each day of finals week. It can be easy to think you have a lot of time especially on the days when you have no exams, but making a schedule ensures you stay on task and finish everything you need to do for the day.

4. Practice good habits all week.

Even if you don’t have an exam the next day, it’s a good idea to get in the rhythm of getting a good night’s sleep prior to your exam day. So maybe don’t go out during finals week or don’t pull an all-nighter to finish a paper (if you plan in advance, you won’t need to). This way your body is in a routine, and it will be easy for you to get a good night’s rest when your exams come.

5. Take care of yourself!

I cannot stress this enough. Make sure you are getting a good night’s sleep and eating all three meals a day. It can be easy to lock yourself in the library, but actually taking a break can be beneficial to your studying. I also recommend meditating or working out during finals week. You just need to make sure your health doesn’t suffer during finals week.

Jackie Doctor

Oxford Emory

My name is Jackie Doctor, and I'm a sophomore at the Oxford College of Emory University. I'm an Anthropology and Biology major on a pre-med track. I'm interested in pursuing a profession in Allied Health. I'm a huge fan of Game of Thrones, Parks and Rec, and Bob's Burgers, and I read, write, and play the ukelele in my spare time.