This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

The  affectionately known as W.O.F has been helping student writers for two years. W.O.F.  is a S.A. funded club that meets every Thursday from 7 to 9 p.m. in campus center room 133. Any student nervous about sending a piece off for publication can have a group of dedicated writers review it and provide feedback. It’s the perfect tool for creative writing majors looking to polish a draft before a workshop. The W.O.F. also accommodates writers who don’t wish for constructive criticism and simply seek an audience. The small intimate group is the perfect place to sharpen public speaking skills.

All genres and skill levels are welcome. They provide a friendly environment that makes sharing work fun and easy. It’s very enjoyable to be surrounded by like-minded individuals that all take the craft of writing seriously. Occasionally, students will work off of prompts in groups. Every meeting begins with a brief lecture on a certain aspect of writing. It’s not uncommon for teachers to stop by and answer questions and provide insight.  Reading work and providing feedback is completely optional. People are encouraged to simply visit and observe. There is no pressure or an expectation, each individual determines their own participation level. Any individuals with interest are encouraged to come and experience W.O.F. firsthand.

I am from a small town outside of Syracuse, New York. In high school, I ran Cross Country and track where I competed in the 100m hurdles, 4x1, 200m and many other events. I now attend SUNY Oswego and I am majoring in journalism and anthropology. I have recently added a minor in health science because of my passion for health and fitness. Last semester, I wrote a health and fitness blog for Her Campus Oswego. I currently work as a personal trainer on campus. I love readings, writing, skiing, running, and I am a major shop-aholic! KM <3