Trevor Bacon

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Junior Trevor Bacon likes to keep busy. Really busy.

As a freshman, the business administration major from Massena, N.Y. was the Seneca Hall Council President. Sophomore year, he was the Residence Hall Advisory Board Vice-President, while also being a member of the Campus Recreation Advisory Council. For this year, he has an even busier schedule. He is the Chief Executive Officer of the Business Management Club, the Chief Accounting Officer of the Investment Club, and the Vice-President of Fundraising for the Financial Management Association. Trevor is also an Intramural Supervisor for Campus Recreation, which he gets paid for.

“Ever since I got cut from the basketball team my freshman year I decided to get involved in other organizations that kept me busy,” he says.  “I soon realized that I enjoyed being busy and I knew that I was helping people in the process which made me enjoy it even more.”

Trevor decided to go to Oswego after his sister, Traci, talked about how great the school was and after he found out about the good reputation of the school of business and the amount of opportunities at Oswego.

“The greatest part about Oswego, are the connections and relationships you establish,” he says. “From high profiled alumni to wonderful friends, co-workers, and colleagues are all each intricate elements that make Oswego so extraordinary and worthwhile.”

In his free time, Trevor likes to stay active. He won the fitness bench press competition two years in a row. He also likes to try new things, such as attempting stand-up comedy at Open Mic Night.

His father is a Senior Commercial Loan Officer for Community Bank Systems, Inc and Trevor would like to pursue a similar career in either commercial or investment banking.  

“There is a questionable statistic floating around that says 50% of college students won’t find a job after graduation, but I hope to be on the other end of that statistic by keeping a flexible career mindset as well.”

I'm a junior. I like to read, watch T.V. and sleep. Aaaand that's it.