This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Carla

After over a year of constantly wearing masks, I think I can speak for most people when I say that the mask-ne is real. I’ve found that switching over to disposable masks helps to clear things up and reduce bacterial build up. I think it’s super important to stick to a consistent routine. For example, I swear by Murad’s Get Over Zit kit and Dollar Tree’s $1 electric facial cleansing brush!

Shannon

The thing that cleared my face up is EUK 134 0.1% by The Ordinary — this thing is worth its weight in gold. It is one of the most incredible serums I have ever found. As explained on their website, “EUK-134™ is a mimetic of superoxide dismutase and catalase, forming an exceptionally rare self-regenerating molecule that scavenges superoxide free radicals, eliminates hydrogen peroxide and converts reactive oxygen species into water and oxygen. While it has been around for many years, very few products on the market do use this truly superb antioxidant which can regenerate itself to offer round-the-clock antioxidant support.” As anyone who’s seen me in person without a mask on can attest to, I have very nice skin, and it’s all thanks to EUK (plus cocoa butter lotion by Queen Helene). I used to get breakouts all the time and was dry all along my t-zone, especially my cheek bones. With EUK, now my face is super smooth, soft, and vibrant. I recommend this product to everyone, just make sure you watch for any conflict with the products you already use. 

Bri

My go-to skin care routine is an Organic Black Soap that I use from a small business named OrganicsbyN (On Instagram). It has helped me with my acne breakouts. I also use the Gleamin vitamin c face mask to help lighten and even out my skin tone/ dark spots. Super amazing. 

Jaylea 

I used to struggle with different types of acne as I grew up. Now as a senior in college, I have a simple skincare routine that I swear by. The Cetaphil Deep Cleansing Bar has changed my life. I have combination skin, so the cleansing bar works perfectly to cleanse deeply without stripping my face or causing irritation. After I wash my face, I use the Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-in-1 Fight & Fade toner to help get rid of dark spots and prevent acne. Since I am African American, I struggle with hyperpigmentation, so the toner helps reduce the appearance of dark spots and scars. Lastly, when I am going to go outside during the day, I use Black Girl Sunscreen in order to protect my skin’s barrier against harmful UV rays. All three products have helped me immensely, so I recommend them for anyone else who experiences the same issues.

Shannon Sutorius was an award winning 23-year-old English major, over 40-time-published author, editor, and former Teaching Assistant who graduated from SUNY Oswego in December of 2021. Shannon was one of the Campus Correspondents for Her Campus Oswego, previously Senior Editor, and wrote the Advice Column, "Dear Athena." Shannon worked with and had been published in Great Lake Review, Medium, and Subnivean. Shannon's awards included the Edward Austin Sheldon Award, Pride Alliance's Defender of LGBT+ Rights in Journalism Award, and the Dr. Richard Wheeler Memorial Scholarship. As well, Shannon was an active member of the Phi Kappa Phi Honor Society.
Briana K. Boateng is a section writer for Her Campus Magazine! She is senior with a major in Broadcasting and Mass Communications. She aspires to become an on-air talent, so anywhere that ranges from hosting, interviewing, anchoring, etc. Some of Briana's hobbies include eating out, watching interviews, as well as reading lifestyle articles. Being a part of Her Campus magazine enables her to enhance her experience as a broadcast journalist, expand her skills in writing, and as well as sharing, connecting, and inspiring her woman peers on the SUNY Oswego campus. Essentially, this is the purpose of this magazine: To empower other woman!