This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Are you looking for ways to get some extra cash while schooling? I have some amazing ideas to help you gain some money.

Recently, I started my own online business. My business offers cell accessories and back-relieving products. When starting any business, make sure to do your research. Research is crucial for success—and always promote your business.

If you are looking for some motivation into starting your own business or starting a side hustle.

Starting an online business

When starting an online business, you must think about what platform you are going to use as your website. Some good places to start are Shopify, eBay, Etsy, or Aliexpress. The business I chose to pursue is dropping shipping. Dropping a ship may look easy but it requires a lot of work and patience. Drop shipping is having an online business of your choice but not physically holding inventory because you go through global vendors. 

Challenging Factors of Starting a Drop Shipping Business

Drop shopping is highly competitive with low-profit margins, and has no control over the supplier chain. It may be hard to come up with a brand. Choosing a great supplier is so important because if you chose a terrible supplier, your customers may be waiting for months for their products; thislooks bad on your part even though you have NO control over shipping and processing.

Tutoring 

If you are great in a subject you should pick up tutoring as a gig. Tutors can get paid starting up to $20 an hour. You can try online tutoring services, or if you prefer tutoring in person, you can try picking up a gig tutoring on campus.

Campus Brand Ambassador

Who does not like discounted items? As a campus brand ambassador, you will promote the company’s items. There are tons of companies that do this like Victoria’s Secret or BlushMark for example.

Just a girly who loves to read, write, and game.