An Overthinker’s Letter To Their Lover

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Dear Lover,

My thoughts spin continuously throughout my mind, wondering if I am good enough, strong enough, attractive enough. I create scenarios in my head that actually aren’t even there. I freak out randomly about something you said fourteen days ago, then I try to analyze why you said it. I may be difficult to deal with and frustrating as hell, but when I love, I love hard.

You take my world and turn it upside down, challenging me to believe that for once, someone might actually be worth my time, worth sticking around for. You ground me and make me feel calmer and I have no clue how you do it the way you do. You love me, and when you show that love, I feel secure in a way I have never felt with anyone else.

I am so hell bent on believing the worst of every situation, because in my mind it is better to be prepared for the worst than to be let down when the best does not happen. I look at things emotionally rather than logically. I am driven by my heart because my head has let me down way too often.

You take certain ordinary things and make them extraordinary to me. Every move you make and word you say, I remember. When I say I love you, I mean I am infatuated. I am in love with you as a whole. You are who I want by my side until you no longer can be. I love everything about you and I accept your flaws because I know for a fact that you accept mine.

I get moody and when I do, it can happen at any given second, but you put up with it and love me for who I am. But even with all of my complicated ways you show me that I can be myself freely, and that is something that very few people have done. I love you and I can’t thank you enough for loving me the way you do.

XoXo,

An Overthinker.

Hello, I'm Brooke! I am double majoring in English and Journalism at SUNY Oswego. I hope to find a career that feeds my passion for writing once I graduate in 2019. I strive to push others to rethink their perspectives on life through the words I write and share. I have a deep love for adventures, a great appreciation for poetry, and a constant desire for some strong coffee.
My name is Alesha Barrett and I'm a junior at SUNY Oswego. I am a Journalism Major and a Sociology and History double minor. My journalism concentration is sports and entertainment as you will see in many of the articles that I post. My dream job would be to work with Turner Sports Broadcasting Company in Atlanta, GA. Originally from Brooklyn, NY, I always had a passion for writing and NBA basketball so I wanted to combine the two into my career goal.