This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Have you ever looked up at the stars on a warm summer night, when the sky is perfectly clear? As you continue to look into the darkness, observing the sprinkling of stars, you notice that there is that one star that shines brighter than all the rest. This week’s Campus Cutie is that star. She stands out in any crowd, not only in her looks but also in her sense of humor, ambition, and nurturing nature. So, don’t ever forget to reach for the stars because she is waiting for you. Meet this week’s Campus Cutie, Maggie Faller!

Name: Maggie Faller

Class: 2015

Age: 20

Relationship Status: Single

Major: Communications and Cinema Studies

Hometown: Huntington, New York

Why did you choose SUNY Oswego? I chose SUNY Oswego because I like that its by the lake, it has a wonderful communcation’s program, and when I first came to visit it instantly felt like home.

When you’re not being such a diligent student, what do you do in your spare time? I work on WTOP as a segment reporter, I am a volunteer at Mentor scholar, and generally just hang out with friends, watch movies, read, and listen to music.

What is your dream career and why? I want to be the next Peter Jennings or Diane Sawyer.

Who has had the most influence on your life and why?  My cousin Katie. She is like my sister; I don’t know what I would do without her. We can laugh together and I can always come to her with any problem I have. What I love about her is that she challenges me to be the best person possible. She is an overall inspirational person.

What is the most dangerous/adventurous thing you have ever done? I have been parasailing and cliff diving in Lake George, New York. But what I really want to do is go skydiving!

What’s your biggest pet peeve and why?  My biggest pet peeve is when a person cannot pry their eyes away from their phone. I can understand when you need to text but if you are with someone and you asked them to hang out with you there is nothing more unattractive than giving all your attention to your phone.

What are the three things that you cannot live without? Oh my gosh, this is such a hard question! My friends and family, my original copy of “To Kill a Mockingbird”, and coffee.

Who is your celeb crush? It’s a tie. Can I have a tie? Michael Cera and Joseph Gordon- Levitt

What kind of music do you like? I have a very eclectic taste. If I had to choose one genre, I would choose classic rock.

What’s your favorite movie? I’m sorry but I can’t just choose one! Silver Linings Playbook and It’s a Wonderful Life.

If you’re into a boy how do you let him know? I smile and try to make them laugh.  

What’s your ideal first date? Something simple and sweet. Dinner and a movie will do, but the ultimate would be to go to a Yankee game. That would be the best.

EDUCATIONBachelors of Arts in Journalism                                                                              Expected: May 2014State University of New York (SUNY) College at OswegoMajor: JournalismMinor: Creative Writing RELATED EXPERIENCE   Whiteraverrafting.com-Contributing Writer                                                       March 2013-PresentReviews on shows/festivals/tracks/albums in individual postsFeature posts about the world of electronic musicAssist in ideas on how to deliver more content and receive higher website viewsDevelop questions and strategies for unique and influential interviews with various artists HerCampus/Oswego.com: Editor of the Oswego Branch                                     January 2011 –Present    Editing- AP styleMaintain positions throughout involvement with Her Campus as: Social media representative, editor, and finally one of the head editors of the branchMaintain various article sections of the magazine websiteWrite articles related to news, student profiles, and various other articles like blogs which relate to campus lifeSocial media balancing skillsPeer Leader for the Educational Opportunity Program, Oswego NY                August, Summer 2012Mentor for freshmanTutor writing classesEdit essays, and short stories for studentsIntroduce and involve students in clubs on campusInitiate team work with planned events and assignments for students Copy Writing Internship: I Heart Oswego                                                                        January 2013-Presenthttp://iheartoswego.com/Edit 3-4 stories daily, using AP styleReport and interview subjects for storiesUpdate Facebook/Twitter for I Heart OswegoCome up with feature stories TVF-Business Development Member                                                                                 January 2013                                                                        Promote products at the Consumer Electronic Show (CES 2013)Discuss business strategies and team workDevelop press releases  WORK EXPERIENCECustomer Service, Wegman’s Food Markets, Binghamton, NY                                        August 2009-PresentInitiate customer service at cashier positionAdapt to changing situations at the storeImprove teamwork experience with working for outside services COMMUNITY INVOLVMENTCheerleading Club, SUNY Oswego                                                                                   September 2010-PresentSocial chair position: Come up with team bonding activities throughout the year and maintain team’s image