Losing Weight: Summer Plans

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Last blog, ladies. Today, I weigh 147 pounds. Unfortunately, I am not where I would like to be, but I know that I will get there.

On a personal note, I believe I mentioned in another of my blogs to not give into cravings when you are feeling down, and it is hard sometimes. The reason for me not losing much more is because my grandpa was in the hospital and it was touch and go for a while. Last week he passed away. I’ve been trying not to let it affect every aspect of my life, but it is hard.

I’ve been good some days, but some bad ones, too. So I just want to say that it is okay. But you know what? If you were thinking of a loved one who passed away while reading this, I bet they would want to see you happy and feeling healthy. If you are feeling lost, think of it as making it a goal not only for yourself, but achieve it for them.

I know my papa would be proud of me but sad that I worked so hard to only falter against myself, and he wouldn’t like that. On that note, just a quick little recap of some things I’ve talked about:
Try to eat regular oatmeal with dried fruits on it such as blueberries and cranberries in the morning. It keeps you fuller longer and gives you more energy.

DO NOT bring yourself down. If you gained a pound or a bit more back or have stayed the same weight. You will only discourage yourself and end up sabotaging yourself even more. Try to at least get in 30 minutes of exercises everyday.

Don’t be afraid to have a treat every now and then, it’s perfectly okay! More deprivation is more damage added. However, if you do give up sweeties for a while and not give in, eventually you will have little to no interest in them.

It’s summer time, so mix up your workouts! You can still go to the gym, but take advantage of the beautiful weather and run, bike, swim or hike outside!

ALWAYS keep hydrated. Make sure you eat a little something and drink at least one glass of water before working out.

Remember ladies, confidence and believing in yourself is key. I’ve gotten to my goal weight before with all of these tips; I’ve just lost my way. Sometimes we need to kick our own butts, girls, and I know that just like me, you can get to your desired look, too.

Have a good summer, girls!

Kaitlin Provost graduated from SUNY Oswego, majoring in journalism with a learning agreement in photography. She grew up in five different towns all over the Northeast, eventually settling and graduating from high school in Hudson, Massachusetts. Kait now lives in the blustery town of Oswego, New York, where she can frequently be found running around like a madwoman, avoiding snow drifts taller than her head (which, incidentally, is not very tall). She has worked for her campus newspaper, The Oswegonian, as the Assistant News Editor, and is also the President of the Oswego chapter of Ed2010, a national organization which helps students break into the magazine industry. She hopes to one day work for National Geographic and travel the world.