Kylie Wyman ’14

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Kylie Wyman is a friendly, spunky and sweet SUNY Oswego student who is always open to hit up a few concerts in town or is down to read a good book. Her personality is anything but ordinary; she’s always up to meet new people.

Year: Junior

Major: Journalism

Hometown: Oswego native

Relationship status: Single

What type of guys are you into?

Like most women, I have this thing for musicians and performers. Growing up, I’ve always had serious crushes on people like Patrick Stump from Fall Out Boy and when I was really young, Aaron Carter. I don’t even know why. I personally find a guy who is talented musically attractive. To clarify, performers as in theatre actors. Google Aaron Tveit; he basically has all of the characteristics that I go for. A sense of humor is a must for me, and guys have to be close their families as well as play sports, like baseball!

What do you like to do on your spare time?

When I’m not working or freaking out about school, I go to concerts. I love going to shows; it’s kind of like therapy for me. If I know that I have tickets to go see a band that I like, I can easily get through the week, month or even year. I’ve gotten in the habit of going to shows ever since 11th grade. That’s when it all started. I also love to read.

Who is your favorite author?

John Green. I just finished re-reading The Fault In Our Stars for the third time. It’s really relaxing. When I read, I get to block out all of the drama and stress in my real life for a while and check into another world. It’s pretty great.

What is your favorite movie?

My favorite movie? Oh gosh! It’s a toss-up between Dirty Dancing (I’ve loved that movie since I was three years old) and Les Miserables.

What would you like to do after you graduate?

After I graduate, I hope to find a job at a magazine or a newspaper, just to get my foot in the door, you know? I’d really love to end up with a job at an entertainment magazine and cover music. I’d like to do music and concert reviews and maybe even play or musical reviews.

What are some of your goals for the future?

My goals sort of change within time, so it’s kind of hard for me to strategically plan out what I want to have accomplished when I turn 25, when I turn 35 and so on. But right now, one of my  main goals for the future would be for me to be an editor at an entertainment magazine, or even possibly co-editor for a blog like Broadway.com. I have an internship this summer and I’ll be working on Broadway for an ad company, so my hopes for my future might change. You never know.

I'm a junior. I like to read, watch T.V. and sleep. Aaaand that's it.