This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Name: Jocelynn Jakaub

Year: Freshman

Hometown: Union Springs, N.Y.

Major: Biochemistry

Relationship status: In a relationship

Why did you choose to go to SUNY Oswego?

It was close to home and had a good science program. I liked it when I visited, and the cost was pretty affordable compared to other schools.

What is your favorite part about the campus of Oswego?

I like Shineman–I really love that building! Whenever I go in there, the building is fancy and nice. I go there and study a lot. It has such a welcoming environment.

What do you like to do in your spare time?

I like to read. I love reading.

What is one interesting fact about you?

I’ve been to the Dr. Pepper Museum in Texas. It was really interesting learning about the history of such a popular drink!

What is your favorite movie?

A Walk to Remember– I want to name my future son Landon after that movie.

What is your favorite food?

I have lots of favorite foods, haha. I love pomegranates. And oh my gosh, they’re in season right now! *smiles*

What is your favorite animal?

Ducks!

Do you have any fears?

I am afraid of heights. Ooh, I hate heights. I climbed up my dad’s tree stand one day and I stayed up there crying all day until he came to get me down.

What is your dream job?

I want to go into genetics. I would love to cure genetic diseases; I would love to do that.

What is your favorite holiday?

I’d probably say Christmas–I love that time of year and the spirit in the air. I love the holiday spirit!

Kari is currently a second semester junior at Oswego State majoring in both Journalism and Global International Studies. She's a big city girl who was born in a small town. When not studying for her classes or obsessing over Her Campus, she can be found splurging on nail polish, watching documentaries, reading magazines, crafting, drinking chai tea, or gushing about animals.
I'm a junior. I like to read, watch T.V. and sleep. Aaaand that's it.