Her Campus Survival Kits: Summer ’17

This is a sponsored feature. All opinions are 100% from Her Campus.

This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

A few weeks ago, we received some of our best goodies yet from Her Campus’ survival kits! The theme for this kit was “So Fresh, So Clean”. What better theme to have just in time for summer?! All of our members loved getting these new, summery goodies, and our fellow Lakers did too. Below, we broke down all of the products, giving them ratings and letting you all know their best qualities. So, if you’re looking for a new toothbrush cover (a summer travel essential) or want to stay #freshaf with Secret deodorant, stick with us, cause this is the lowdown on all of our survival kit products.

1. Secret Deodorant – Invisible Solid Cool Waterlily

There is no greater fear than being smelly during the summer, especially if you’re hanging out with your crush. This wonderfully fresh scent quickly became our members’ new favorite deodorant. And the best part is, some of them come in mini sizes! So if you’re like me and barely have enough space in your purse left, this mini deodorant won’t take up any space at all.

2. Penguin Random House – White Fur by Jardine Libaire

A stunning star-crossed love story set against the glitz and grit of 1980s New York City. When Elise Perez meets Jamey Hyde on a desolate winter afternoon, fate implodes, and neither of their lives will ever be the same. Although they are next-door neighbors in New Haven, they come from different worlds. Elise grew up in a housing project without a father and didn’t graduate from high school; Jamey is a junior at Yale, heir to a private investment bank fortune and beholden to high family expectations. Nevertheless, the attraction is instant, and what starts out as sexual obsession turns into something greater, stranger, and impossible to ignore.

The unlikely couple moves to Manhattan in hopes of forging an adult life together, but Jamey’s family intervenes in desperation, and the consequences of staying together are suddenly severe. And when a night out with old friends takes a shocking turn, Jamey and Elise find themselves fighting not just for their love, but also for their lives. White Fur follows these indelible characters on their wild race through Newport mansions and downtown NYC nightspots, SoHo bars and WASP-establishment yacht clubs, through bedrooms and hospital rooms, as they explore, love, play, and suffer.

Jardine Libaire combines the electricity of Less Than Zero with the timeless intensity of Romeo and Juliet in this searing, gorgeously written novel that perfectly captures the ferocity of young love.

This book definitely sounds like a page turner for us! Now that finals are done and we can relax, this one will definitely be on the top of our list.

*The squad patiently awaiting their survival kits*

3. Steripod – Steripod Toothbrush Protector

This is probably my favorite product in all of the survival kits. I’m always freaked out by the big tubes that you put your toothbrush in, as they can grow bacteria and other icky stuff that gets you sick. However, with the Steripod, it completely encloses around your toothbrush head without touching it! And, it has a small little refresher to keep it clean and bacteria free.

4. essence cosmetics – Eyebrow Designer

This up-and-coming brand known for high quality, on-trend products, at incredible prices, and now feature this amazing eyebrow pencil! The crayon at the end of this pencil is a clear wax, so it doesn’t have any color, which is awesome because anyone can buy them! Using the brush, brush your eyebrows into place and then use the waxed end, which keeps them in place so you look #fierceaf all day.

Katie Short

Oswego '18

Katie is a recent graduate of SUNY Oswego, where she double-majored in Creative Writing and Political Science and a minor in Journalism. She was the Co-Campus Correspondent for Her Campus Oswego as well as a Chapter Advisor. Katie hopes to get a job in writing, editing or social media.