This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

It’s around that time of the year when the trees start to turn orange and red. You know, Halloween is near. I grew up loving the fact we dress up for candy. But, now that times have changed, I would like to talk about the top three horror movies that I love.

IT (1990)

This movie comes in first on my list because it was one of the first movies that gave me nightmares as a child. The scene when IT killed the man in the bathtub traumatized me because I was afraid to take baths, so I only took showers but avoided sitting in the bathtub. This is a good movie if you want a few jumpscares to spice up your night.

The People Under The Stairs (1991)

This movie could be counted as a horror movie because it’s killing and some jumpscares. The movie is about two adults and a child who broke into an old house and there are people who have been living in the basement for years and had no human interaction. So, the people tried to kill them. If you like seeing gruesome activities, you will love this movie.

Saw (2004)

I remember this movie from my earliest childhood.  Watching this movie now brings back so many memories. I actually had some nightmares from this movie as a child, also. This movie is disturbing because people’s limbs get cut off.

Just a girly who loves to read, write, and game.