This article is written by a student writer from the Her Campus at Oswego chapter.

Fall is among us, although it doesn’t quite feel like in in Oswego just yet. Not only has the season provided us with pumpkin-flavored lattes and a reason to wear boots, but it also brings season premieres of some of our favorite T.V. shows. Some of these shows have been long-awaited by fans and we can finally indulge in funny, terrifying and juicy plot lines.

The Vampire Diaries– Everybody loves a dose of vampire, werewolves and witches once in a while and The Vampire Diaries definitely lives up to the fans’ expectations. The series premiered its fifth season on Oct. 3, keeping fans on their toes since season four’s cliffhanging finale that aired in May. This season explores Elena and Caroline’s journey as vampire college students, Klaus’ plans in New Orleans, Elena and Damon’s relationship, Bonnie’s death, Stefan’s disappearance and much more. The series airs on Thursdays at 8 p.m. on The CW.

New Girl– This quirky comedy, starring Zooey Deschanel, premiered its third season Sept. 17 after leaving fans wanting more after its second season finale in May. This season explores Jess and Nick’s romantic relationship, Schmidt and Cece’s relationship and Winston coping with his newfound single life. For a dose of true comedy and strange, yet useful life lessons, watch New Girl on Tuesdays at 9 p.m. on Fox.

Glee– After tragedy hit Glee cast and fans in July when the well-loved Cory Monteith, who played jock sweetheart Finn Hudson, passed away, creators Ian Brennan, Brad Falchuck and Ryan Murphy scrambled to rewrite season five’s plot line. The show’s premiere date was pushed back, premiering Sept. 26. Only three episodes have premiered so far and the first two are solely dedicated to paying tribute to The Beatles. The third episode deals with Finn’s death but beware, you will need an entire box of tissues when watching this episode. The show is on a short hiatus and will return on Fox Nov. 7 at 9 p.m.

American Horror Story: CovenGlee’s co-creator Ryan Murphy and Brad Falchuk continue their American Horror Story series this fall, with this year’s theme, “Coven.” Just in time for the Halloween festivities, this spooky series stars Emma Roberts and Kathy Bates as well as actors from the past two seasons. “Coven” explores the lives of young witches in an academy in New Orleans who try to cope and control their powers. However, after the Supreme arrives at the academy, she teaches the witches how to fight a society that oppresses them for being what they are. The setting takes place in modern day, along with flashbacks to the 1830s. Beware, this season is looking up to be scarier than previous seasons. American Horror Story: Coven premieres Wednesdays at 10 p.m. on FX.

The Walking Dead– The infamous zombie-slasher series returned this fall after a long hiatus that left fans with the most surprising cliffhanger yet. This season explores the dynamic between Rick’s group and the newcomers whom they share the prison with. This season also follows up with the previous plot line of the governor and his vendetta against Rick and the rest of the group. Based on Robert Kirkman’s graphic novel of the same name, this season is sure to keep you on your toes. Episodes premiere on AMC Sunday nights at p.m.

Parks and Recreation– This show is a rare comedic gem that stars Amy Poehler as Councilwoman Leslie Knope. The show premiered its sixth season in September, picking right up where it left off. This season explores Ron Swanson and Diane’s relationship, Leslie and Ben’s marriage and Chris and Anne’s on-again-off-again relationship. It is revealed that two babies are on the way this season, but who is expecting? Watch Parks and Rec on NBC at 8:30 p.m. to find out!

I'm a junior. I like to read, watch T.V. and sleep. Aaaand that's it.